• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hear that lonesome whipporwill
    a light came on when you sang that song and
    i want you to sing it again

I tap my tongue against the roof of my mouth, little click click sounds as I look over the boy in front of me while he speaks. There does not appear to be any inherent risk in this opportunity, I think, which is rather divine. This child has no idea who I am; he’ll never to be able to rat on me even if someone catches him and makes him squeal. What he has proposed would be worth it even if I introduced myself, truth be told.

The chance to meddle in the lives of my descendents?
    To be a true powerful ancestor?

It is something I could never dream of passing up.

The Cursed creature is even someone married into the family – could my luck truly be any better? On the slim chance I make a mistake, it will not be one of my progeny to pay the blood price. Curses do have a nasty way of weaving themselves into the bone after too long. It’s always possible to rip them off in the end, but sometimes they dig deep in the heart and soul, taking bits off when they go, and leaving the creature forever changed.

“Sounds like dark magic.” I tell him without further ado. “Sometimes a magician’s trick goes awry, catches up some unfortunate soul. Those run out eventually though, usually in days. Your curse though…” The pause is heavy , but only with the things I consider. “That’s something stronger. Something blacker. That’s god magic, I’d bet.”

I made sure my voice grew more ominous as a I spoke, and while I think it might be a little overkill, I wish a bit of storm dramatics behind me (a crash of thunder and a streak of lightning flash over the ocean behind me.

“I can’t help with that bit,” I continue flippantly, all the while watching him from beneath rose-colored lashes. “But the shapeshifting? That I can do something about. I can make your shifter stick to a single form with no trouble at all.” My confidence is without compare, and I fix him with a flat and doe-brown stare as I continue almost menacingly: “Of course, I would need something in exchange, something to make it worth my time…”

@[elio]

D J I N N I
    rose gold dun tobiano genie

Messages In This Thread
    hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-15-2020, 10:53 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-24-2020, 07:50 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-25-2020, 12:28 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-25-2020, 11:14 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 04-26-2020, 03:28 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 04-27-2020, 10:26 PM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by elio - 05-01-2020, 04:24 AM
    RE: hear that lonesome whipporwill - by Djinni - 05-01-2020, 10:31 PM