• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

always hiss me goodnight; larva
    i will be brutal
    He does not often spend time with his children. In fact, the last of his brood that he had been around was Vulgaris, and they all know how he turned out. But Priya has potential to be something extraordinary and so he tries to keep his distance – he doesn’t want to ruin her. It is difficult to avoid your child when they are as tiny as her, however, and he finds himself surprised to be staring down at her. The oilslick scales of his cheeks and shoulders reflect the warm sun as he leans his head down to lightly bump his nose to her serpentine snout.

How cruel, to bite your own father,” he jokes. It humors him to suggest slaying his sire was cruel when it had seemed like vengeance at the time. He does not share this dark secret with her just yet. Instead, he noses her up out of the crack she hides in so he can look at her more closely. “Is your horn so small in this form that I can’t see it? You know it looks so pretty on you.

He is biased in believing his youngest child is perfect. Even when his offspring are evil, wicked things that torment others, he still finds them beautiful. Even if Priya sheds this innocence with her next skin, she will be the apex of his bloodline. This thought eases his mind as he admires the flared little hood that would otherwise warn predators to stay back. Such a fearsome little thing.

What have you been up to out here? Hunting beetles and field mice?” he asks, tilting his gray head. His sage green eyes search the beady gaze of her serpentine form before he lifts his face to the canopy above. In this form, she is vulnerable to the birds who call Tephra home. It unnerves him to remember this and so he decides that perhaps he should linger close to her after all.
    @[Priya]

Messages In This Thread
    always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 04-20-2020, 02:48 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 04-23-2020, 08:29 PM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Priya - 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM
    RE: always hiss me goodnight; larva - by Larva - 06-12-2020, 09:13 PM