• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind; aodhan

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    He opens and closes his mouth a few more times, swallowing the sleep from it and licking at the protruding teeth that line his overlong jaw. The kelpie blinks his golden eyes slowly, and then a second time more quickly. The sleep slips away as he takes in the unfamiliar shoreline. His blue ears turn forward, then flick down the opposite direction and back out to sea. He’s no idea where he is at all, Ivar realizes, and there are no familiar scents to guide him. The piebald creature takes in a deep breath, and then another. He is remarkably still in the water, though his brilliant coloring makes him impossible to miss. Camouflage is not how a kelpie hunts.

He sees the motion of fluttering wings and reacts long before the transformed creature lands on the shore. He no longer lounges in the shallows and instead stands on four white legs. He does not change position at all, and there is nothing in the scowl on his face that suggests he doesn’t move because he can’t quite recall how to move forward on four legs. It has been some time since he came to land, Ivar thinks, and the spotted stallion’s query is eerily close to his own thoughts. He’s probably got some sort of mind magic in addition to that transforming business, the kelpie thinks, and immediately regrets having drifted from his home. This is not his first stroke of bad luck in recent months, and the piebald creature begins to wonder if it is not coincidence.

First the two freaks in the Field, then the nereid with a chip on her shoulder, and now this shapeshifter. It is the thought of that second that stills his frustration. Perhaps this is an opportunity. Ivar still scowls in the general direction of the baroque stallion, but instead of typical mockery, the kelpie instead says: “I’ve been trying to find the nereid Aquaria,” Ivar tells him. “I’ve failed to find Eva, and I hear that Aquaria is her second. I have an issue I need them to address.” Ivar speaks as a Beachmaster, which he is not even sure is still a title he holds. Who knows what foolishness these women leaders have gotten up to while he remained secluded on his smaller island?

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

@[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind - by Ivar - 05-01-2020, 09:57 PM