• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

none of your cuts go very straight, lepis
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    When she approaches, he turns his head to follow her movements. He admires the way her outline glows a little brighter from her bath and he wonders just what makes her so much brighter than the others. Ghaul lifts his nose and sniffs in her direction – salt, along with something earthy and almost medicinal. A thoughtful series of clicks builds in his throat before he lowers his head once more to stare at her.

A laugh echoes from the depths of his belly when she speaks and he offers a wide grin full of sharp, crooked teeth. Though he has arrived with little violence in mind, it flatters him that she thinks he might wish to darken her door so. The looming monster closes the gap between them and circles her, examining her in an almost child-like manner as he sniffs at her wings. She smells like Pteron, who had been polite enough to simply ask that he did not eat his wings. Perhaps there is some relation but he does not dwell on the matter.

He pauses when his muzzle begins to reach for her face, remembering that not all take kindly to him learning their shape. Slowly, he pulls back. “My quarrel was with your false idol, who seems to have abdicated,” he explains as he shifts his weight. “But he is gone and Clarissa now resides with me in the east. Now I seek only to learn your intent, Lepis. Why have you claimed the throne for yourself when an heir was chosen?

And again he smiles, eager to hear what fueled her own conquest. The stars freckling his horns and cheeks dim as his focus on her grows more intense. His black tongue traces his teeth.
    @[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: none of your cuts go very straight, lepis - by ghaul - 04-29-2020, 12:50 PM