• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

F is for friends
    every night she sharpens her steel on the hipbone she made from me. kisses the mouth she took, the one that says her name right and doesn’t bite. sometimes she calls me baby and I swallow my own tongue.

sometimes she hands me the knife just to watch me give it back.
    pleasure
    Their father had encouraged her to make friends of her own, but Pleasure found the idea absolutely dreadful. Why on earth would she want to be apart from Pandemonium when they have spent every moment of their existence together? Ophanim had said she needed to learn independence, which was the largest word she had ever heard him use, and then he nudged her off to the playground.

She’s still huffing and puffing her annoyance as she bounces along into the foreign area. Her mauve halo turns slowly above her head and the very tip of her nose shows the faintest hint of a peach color, but she is otherwise entirely ordinary. The black filly pauses to survey the other children as she stands in the shade of an old oak bent slightly to the left. They all seem awful. Some of them shriek as they play tag while others simply lay in the grasses and chat. Her father must want to torture her. That’s the only conclusion she can reach from this.

But there is a pond, she notices, and being so angry has made her rather thirsty. Pleasure keeps her chin lifted high while she carefully tiptoes between the little clusters of other children. She keeps her bright blue eyes trained on the pond so as not to seem interested in those around her. Their thoughts are loud and dizzying enough as it is. The dark girl lowers her head and drinks quietly. That is, until someone seems to be thinking of her.

She lifts her head abruptly and turns her head left, right, and left again to try and discern just who is watching her. How dare they! Pleasure gives a soft snort and turns to examine the other children. Her gaze falls on a colt who seems to be also watching her, and she puffs up in her chest in indignation. The filly marches right up to him and looks him over, clearly judgmental as she gives little a “hm!” and “huh!” repeatedly.

How do you like being stared at? Not so nice, is it, Shiny Boy?” she demands as she watches him. It doesn’t occur to her that he might’ve just wanted to make a friend.
    @[Eugene]

Eugene is pouting, but just a little bit, as he stands in the pond - just deep enough to where the water can cover his hooves. Egwene is not with him and although Weenie could be a bit of a downer sometimes, it felt odd to be away from his family. He thought the water might help - since it’s awfully like the crystal clear waters he enjoys playing in back home - but now all he can think about is how he hopes his dad comes to pick him up soon.

Movement distracts him very easily and he looks to see someone else at the pond, a filly with the coolest looking halo hovering above her head. Why doesn’t it fall or float away?? What’s keeping it there?! These and more questions dart in and out of his mind so he’s rather delighted when the filly comes over to say hello - gives him a better view of that halo. Why didn’t he have a halo? All he did was glow - which was very fun except for at night when all sorts of bugs came over to investigate the light source and he just wanted to sleep.

Except she doesn’t exactly say ‘hi’. He is undaunted by her tone (in fact her anger goes clear over his head). When she asks him how he likes being stared at, his dark purple head tilts to the side a little bit, considering, but he already knows the answer. “I like it!” Then he jumps a little on the spot, as though someone just tugged on his tail, and his eyes grow wide with inspiration. “WAIT I look cuter when I stand like this.” And then he backs up and turns to the side, lifting one of his front hooves up and striking a pose. “What do you think? Pretty cool right?”

His golden yellow eyes are bright with joy, and it’s painfully obvious this colt thinks this is the best game anyone has ever brought up.

He maintains the pose when he asks “What’s your cute side?”

eugene

@[pleasure]
    every night she sharpens her steel on the hipbone she made from me. kisses the mouth she took, the one that says her name right and doesn’t bite. sometimes she calls me baby and I swallow my own tongue.

sometimes she hands me the knife just to watch me give it back.
    pleasure
    She has never wondered why she has a halo and yet her twin and her mother do not. If she could, she would loan it to Panda and admire the way it would compliment her pretty face. Maybe Eugene could borrow it if he didn’t seem clumsy, but she doesn’t know him well enough to make that judgement call just yet. He seems to understand how to move at least a little as he strikes a post though. Pleasure can’t help but laugh at his antics despite her sour mood.

I guess so. I, however, think it’s rude to stare at someone you don’t know,” she explains, her lips pulled to one side as she thinks. Suddenly, the solution seems rather obvious to her. “My name is Pleasure. Now you tell me your name so that we’re friends and it’s okay to stare.

Her dark head tilts as she considers his question for a moment. Isn’t every side her cute side? Her parents were always telling her how perfect and lovely she looked no matter where they were standing. Pleasure lowers her chin to consider herself, lifting her left foreleg and then the right. Slowly, as though this requires great effort, she mimics his pose on slightly wobbly legs. Her blue eyes watch him carefully for some sign of approval as she holds this position for a second more.

Is this it? Is this my cute side?” she asks as she mimics his color by accident. Her mane and tail do not shine as well as his, but she manages to get her eyes just right. Another laugh tumbles easily from her as she resumes her normal posture. Pleasure then touches her nose to his cheek curiously to see if his coat is any softer since it glistens so much nicer in the sun. “How do I become.. not purple..?”
    @[Eugene]

Still the dark purple colt holds up his foreleg, as though this was the most natural position in the whole world. He begins to wobble, though, when he introduces himself and gains some retroactive forgiveness for the whole staring thing. “I’m Eugene.” And then he finally loses his balance completely and stumbles for a quick second before standing firmly with all four hooves on the ground. He straightens up as though nothing had happened.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you!” This is, of course, the most original joke in all of creation and Eugene barely gets the words out because he's so busy laughing at it himself. Oh he’s so sure she’s never heard anything like that before!

He watches with delight as she moves first one leg and then the other, trying to figure out her best angle. Sure she’s cute all over but he’s delighted when she strikes up a pose that mirrored his own. He jumps a little when she changes colour which is officially the coolest trick he had ever seen in his whole existence. “Woah!! Oh yeah that’s it!!” He laughs with her and stands still when she comes to touch his cheek with a purple muzzle that matches it almost perfectly.

It’s too bad she wants to become not-purple though - purple is clearly the best colour. “I like the purple!” But, since that’s not helpful - and since they are officially friends - he looks around for a source of inspiration. And, once again, the yellow-eyed colt is struck with some utterly original thoughts. “What if you concentrate REAL hard on another colour. Like uh, like the grass! Can you do green next??”

eugene

@[pleasure]