• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me who i am and who i could be; thorn
    There is sunshine in her smile when he calls her ruby, because in those moments he makes her feel so beautiful. She is instantly no longer glass and strange and defined by her frailty, when he calls her ruby, she becomes like a shining treasure in his beautiful lilac eyes. She becomes his, if only for a moment.

But it is hard to keep that smile on her delicate red face when there is a hole in his chest and all the skin around it is stained the color of her, of red. It is a shade that becomes instantly ugly again. She doesn’t understand how it is that he can walk or even stand, but it explains the new hollowness in his eyes she had tried to not see, and the way his body is a mountain range of bones that seem too sharp beneath his skin.

Her heart breaks with love and worry and so much fear for him, and there are streaks of damp that spill down her cheeks and leave a trail of fogged red behind. “Then we’ll find magic that can heal you.” She promises him, gazing up into his face with those luminous golden eyes. But she dances back when he notices her cracks and the thin fissures that stretch up through her legs, causing strange prisms of light to arc through her translucent body.

“Don’t you even dare.” She warns him so lovingly, cuffing him gently with the side of her muzzle. “I’m fine, still in one piece, see?” She does a spin for him, smiling when the sun casts a red shadow through her and against his side. “We have to fix you first.” She is so gentle when she closes the distance between them again, tracing those cold glass lips over the new hollows of his dark figure. “Tell me your long story so I can figure out how to fix this, okay? I love you, Thorn.”

FLOWER

i'm only steady on my knees

@[thorn]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show me who i am and who i could be; thorn - by flower - 05-13-2020, 03:30 PM