• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  long live the pioneers
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

The sounds of rustling greenery is little different here than on his island, though even from the water Gale can tell that the plants here are quite like those on the Island Resort. They’re green, after all. A lovely color, to be sure, but to have just one and a few clusters of flowers? Not as eye-catching, the stallion thinks, though his blue eyes do immediately find the vine-bedecked mare as she emerges from the jungle.

He knows her by the flowers alone. Those that flutter about her like birds are new to him, but he watches curiously and does not think to hide the admiring smile that appears at he does.

“Isilya!” He says when she is near enough, responding to her politeness with a shy duck of his head. That she had so quickly turned to flowers in their first conversation had saved Gale from the awkward niceties of introduction, and he is reluctant to make her aware of them now. She seems happy to see him, after all, and he’d rather not wipe away her cheerful expression.

“Ruinam’s gone,” he begins without preamble. “I didn’t want to leave the Resort unprotected but me ’n’ Erne are the only ones there, I think.” His tone is apologetic, because while he has forgotten every word told to him as a child, he’s picked up enough through conversation with Ruinam and Divest to know that Isilya, as the queen in Tephra, is also responsible for the well being of the Island Resort. It seems that is all he has to say, and the silence is almost awkward before he breaks it with another announcement: “Oh. My name is Gale. I’d forgotten it, but I know it now. You can still call me Blue though, if you want.”

@[Isilya]

Messages In This Thread
    long live the pioneers - by Gale - 04-28-2020, 02:28 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 04-28-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 04-30-2020, 07:54 AM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 05-06-2020, 03:36 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 05-06-2020, 09:31 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 05-13-2020, 03:09 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 05-17-2020, 10:33 AM