• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  long live the pioneers
    She does not push or even show a flicker of hesitation as he seems to question his resolve over the matter of stepping into the resort’s leadership role. She would have helped him find someone else if he really did not want it, but she is so glad when that final yes is decisive. It makes her happy to see someone young and full of promise. Even if the island is not bustling with faces at the moment, at least there is one soul there who cares for it. When he finally states that yes, he is stepping up, her already bright grin blossoms a little more. “I am glad to hear it, Blue.” She likes using the nickname, it makes her feel as though they are really and truly friends - having this little piece of extra information about him.

Truthfully, she doesn’t understand much of how the whole ‘governing’ thing works still. Maybe she and Gale can figure that out together.

She wonders if this is why he had come to visit, or whether he just wished to see the kingdom, but instead of asking outright she asks something else. “Do you have any concerns about your home I can help with? Some of my bird friends can accompany you and help keep an eye on the borders.” She nods to the flower-woven creatures that are swooping around them like swallows. “And of course you’re welcome in Tephra any time at all. Our homes are woven together and I will be happy to do whatever I can to help the islands.”

simple and sweet

Isilya

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    long live the pioneers - by Gale - 04-28-2020, 02:28 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 04-28-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 04-30-2020, 07:54 AM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 05-06-2020, 03:36 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 05-06-2020, 09:31 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Isilya - 05-13-2020, 03:09 PM
    RE: long live the pioneers - by Gale - 05-17-2020, 10:33 AM