• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

resurrect the saint within the wretch; flower
    “Some of my dreams stay with me too.” She admits softly, misunderstanding him in such a sweet way that maybe he will not mind her gentle ignorance. “I’m not sure why though. Sometimes it’s a dream I loved and a friend I made that I feel terribly sad to have to give up. And sometimes it’s a nightmare and the fear I felt never quite leaves my skin wherever it buried itself.” Her face shifts to something different than that soft gentleness, something that makes her golden eyes a little wider and a little more worried. Like she is recalling a dream or a fragment, and it is opening up old wounds not quite healed.

It fades though when he gives in to her request, laying down beside her as she beams that sunshine smile of hers up into that bone-white face. She is struck for a moment by the likeness of this face and the odd white of her mother's bone mask. Does it make him seem familiar to her when truly he is still just a stranger? Is it the horns behind his ears, or the gossamer whisper of the wings he settles back against his sides? Or is it just that his brokenness is something she can subconsciously sense, and something her subconscious clings to for its beautifully tragic familiarity.

She isn’t sure.

But it doesn’t stop her from pulling him even closer, using his mane to guide his head to the bed of her fragile forelegs where she can rub his neck gently with the smooth of her nose while he rests. “You’re going to sleep, and I’m going to stay right here and keep you safe so you can be free to imagine all kinds of wonderful things.” Her voice is so gentle, so matter-of-fact as she fixes his mane and lays it smooth again with lips that are probably eerily cool. “Think of a daydream, something you really want to do or see, and let your mind build a world around it - and don’t worry, I won’t make you share it with me if you’re feeling shy.” Her golden eyes twinkle softly at him. “But you do have to try it, and you do have to trust me.”

FLOWER

i'm only steady on my knees

@[Warden]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: resurrect the saint within the wretch; flower - by flower - 05-25-2020, 09:31 PM