• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

No mile as long as the one that leads home - Brennen, any
    a light came on when you sang that song and
    i want you to sing it again

I don’t suppose it occurred to you to let him keep looking for me, Brennen asks, and I tilt my head just the slightest it, a slightly bemused frown marring my lavender brown. “Of course it occurred to me,” I tell him, my words edged with amusement. And I decided against it, is the unspoken end to what I’d begun to say, but I choose to let it remain unheard.

The boy had waited long enough, he was my descendent, and I was able to help him. I don’t need to ask if it occurred to Brennen that I am not the sort to care; I can tell by his scowl that it would not go well if I did. I am not in the mood for an argument – not today, anyway. Perhaps later, when the featherless boy has dealt with his issues and I have grown bored again. That is one good thing about magicians – they tend to stick around longer than most others. I listen curiously as he dismisses my suggestion and offers another to Neverwhere. If getting rid of the children is really not an option (I am not convinced it shouldn’t be, but it is not my decision to make), Brennen’s idea is reasonable enough.

When he looks back at me, he sighs and calls me cryptic, and at that I visibly perk up. I do enjoy that descriptor, as well as the aura of long-suffering that already surrounds the magician. I consider not answering at all to better suit his view of me, but I am still waiting for the second half of my payment from the featherless boy, and if Brennen can help ensure that I am rewarded then I had better not push him too far.

“I’ve not asked you two to share any of your secrets,” I reply to the stub-earred mare when she enquires how Wolfbane will be kept in one shape and to the frosty stallion when he snaps a demand for details. “I don’t think it’s polite to ask for mine, especially not when I’m doing you a favor. ”

After that I look to Brennen, who’d asked even more questions then the two others combined. I consider not answering a second time, and wait just long enough so that it will seem like I have chosen not to.

“I didn’t ask his name, though his mother is called Lepis.” I finally reply. “His father is cursed, dark magic from Carnage. Not my specialty.” I shrug. “It is progressive and it can spread to others, but I did not care to find out more.” I wasn’t interested in knowing more, I do not add; I prefer lighter magics, those with more tangible consequences.

“You may call me Iridessa,” I tell Brennen (and I suppose the others as well, though my bright yellow eyes are focused on the bay stallion). I wish for him to know that it is a false name as much as I wish him unable to use his magic to discover the truth, and the satisfaction of successfully granting my own wish brings a bright smile to my violet mouth. With that satisfaction comes no small amount of benevolence, and I grant the assembled company healing of any aches or pains they might have (provided they do not fight the magic too much)

@[Brennen] @[Leilan] @[Neverwhere]

D J I N N I
    could i be the one you sing about in all your stories
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster