• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not your baby // Any
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

I hadn't realized I'd gone so far. The landscape changes so gradually, but when the trees are larger and the rocks smaller, I find him. Or he found me. Either way I am surprised to no longer be alone. 

A startled squeak bursts from my lips. I was certain I was alone, and this boy seemed to have emerged from the shadows themselves. But he is small, like me, and there are more similarities besides. In the shadow of the trees, my coat is more black than anything, the traces of vivid pink that have begun to show absent without light to shine on it. He is darker even than me, the very shape of him lost in the color. He is an outline, with eyes that glow eerie yellow in his face. An unfamiliar smile teases the corners of my mouth. 

My eyes are odd too. Vivid blue in a night dark face, they are the brightest part of me. For a moment I forget I'm too thin, too small. He's different, and I think we are the same. The rope of my tail curls over my back like a curious kitten's. "Hello," I try it out, the word awkward on my tongue. 

A greeting, something I've never needed to use before. Why would I, when my mother's face is the only one I've ever encountered so close as this. I think about his question for a moment, then nod slowly. "Ye-ahh," I look away, behind me to where my mother waits an unknown distance away. He thinks I'm sad, I realize, not knowing where the knowledge came from. "Are you?" I step closer, my inky nose with it's little pink patch reaching for his. He smells like pine and ferns and dew, sweet milk beneath it all. My stomach complains at this, but I'm already used to ignoring the feeling. He is far more interesting than a rumbling belly.

TARTE

@[capulet]

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-03-2020, 09:39 AM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by capulet - 05-11-2020, 06:49 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-13-2020, 03:55 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by capulet - 05-16-2020, 10:16 AM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-17-2020, 03:50 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by capulet - 05-20-2020, 09:37 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Any - by Tarte - 05-27-2020, 07:18 PM