• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wait right here, tarte/any
    i don't want anything from her
    except her red apple heart.
    something i can bite into quickly
    without making a mess.
    He would never leave home if he could hear the thoughts of other children and know precisely what they think when they first look at him Even without knowing what they think, he sees the distaste when they wrinkle their noses or whisper to their friends as they follow his movement from the corner of their eye. Unlike them, he has yet to learn what makes someone pretty or scary or ugly. When he looks at Tarte, all he sees is the potential of their friendship. She doesn’t turn up her nose at him and that is more than enough to draw him in.

Yadigar watches eagerly as she considers his gift. He holds his breath. And when she nods, he exhales suddenly as the relief washes over him at last. He doesn’t mind the lack of joy or happiness in her voice when she speaks for the first time. ‘I guess so’ could just as easily mean ‘we are best friends now’ to him.

Tarte. I like it!” he laughs excitedly as his tail lashes back and forth. “Where are you from, Tarte?

Oh, but he can hardly contain himself. He circles around her as his veins hum with newfound energy. The winter sun catches her color and he notices the way she shines a nice shade of pink. She even has little nubs that will one day be horns, just as similar growths are forming along his jaw and down his back. They will be impressively terrifying when they are older, but for now they are only sweet children learning to interact with one another.

I’m from Pangea. I have two sisters, and.. a lot of cousin!” he proudly explains. He had intended to give her an exact number, but counting is not his strong suit just yet. The boy has even forgotten his other sister in his hurry to keep their conversation going – not that his mother would mind his excluding her.

YadigaR
    when i close my eyes, i'm a statue
    that she wants to run her tongue over.
    when i close my eyes, i cut it off and keep it.
    @[Tarte]

Messages In This Thread
    wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-03-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-06-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-06-2020, 10:50 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-25-2020, 04:39 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-27-2020, 05:38 PM