• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  wait right here, tarte/any
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

Joy hummed from him when she failed to turn him away, and the foreign feeling was infectious. Slowly the tension eased in her legs and back until she was no longer primed to flee. Instead, she looked more closely at the flower he'd given her, sniffed lightly at the velvet petals and smiled just as soft. What a smile did for her face was remarkable. 

It illuminated her features, revealed hints and promises of beauty to come. A dangerous thing for a girl so young. For now though, she wasn't thinking of that. She was feeding off the pleasant buzz of Yadigar's happiness and trying to figure out how she could be the source of it. Simply by agreeing to be his friend. It seemed impossible, but thoughts didn't lie. 

Her astonishingly blue eyes shone from her dark face as the rugged colt praised her name. "No one's ever said that before," she admitted shyly. No one had ever told her they liked anything about her. It was strange to hear, almost suspicious. Too wonderful to deny. She drank down his praise like cool water on a sweltering day, feeling as though she'd never have enough of it to be filled. 

Eager to continue the conversation with her newfound friend, her words stumbled on her tongue. Too excited, too scared, too much of everything. "I'm-I'm from Loess." For the time being. Her mother didn't seem too attached to the mountainous kingdom. The winged woman's silent thoughts blamed them for what had happened to her. For Tarte's existence in the first place. 

His circling set her heart racing again. It thudded in her narrow ribs as she tried to keep him centered with her own tighter circle. The rope of her tail swung behind her erratically. It was a relief when his examination came to an end. Despite the nerves, she managed to hold on to the thread of their conversation. "That's... A lot." She said, wincing immediately at the dull comment. It was a stupid thing to say. It was already out though, so she soldiered on. 

"It's just me," she shrugged. At least as far as she knew. "Me and my moth-m-mother." A grunt of frustration over the stuttered word flew out. Hot blood rushed through her face. Mother always laughed at her when she stuttered like that, and of course that always made it worse. The brief burst of confidence Yadigar had inspired withered in her chest.

TARTE

@[yadigar]

Messages In This Thread
    wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-03-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-06-2020, 06:20 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-06-2020, 10:50 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by yadigar - 05-25-2020, 04:39 PM
    RE: wait right here, tarte/any - by Tarte - 05-27-2020, 05:38 PM