• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy

halcyon
    a tight-pressed line keeping
    a wildfire on the inside

Running to Pteron feels like coming home, the same way it had felt to lay his feline eyes upon Ischia after a year abroad. But unlike Ischia, Pteron greets him just the way young Halcyon had suspected ─ first, with the primal urge to fly, and then second, with a widely blossoming grin. The young tiger hadn't realized just how much he had missed Uncle Pteron until this very moment, but when they collide together and the teal stallion presses his nose to Halcyon's thick feline fur, he leans appreciatively into the affection and chuffs warmly.

“Did I scare you?” he asks with mischief in his bright eyes and that playfully lopsided grin pulled back against his sharp incisors. “I came for you!” he announces ─ enthusiastic and confident, and altogether unaware of what it could mean for Pteron and his new family to invite the painted stallion back to the island. He pauses for his Uncle's reaction and pulls away from their embrace to better observe it before straightening his shoulders and clearing his throat quite adult-like.

There is just something about Pteron that rids Halcyon of his usual awkwardness, and he plans to capitalize on his brief outward confidence.

“Mom said I'm old enough now to start recruiting for Ischia, but I'd also like to help protect the borders ,” he begins matter-of-factly as his feline tail swishes involuntarily about his muscled hinds, “Which means I am here to recruit you to be my mentor.” His grin, in the midst of his speech, had morphed into a genuine smile, proud of himself ─ and naively certain that Uncle Pteron will not deny him this request.

“Besides, Mom is the Caretaker now and I can't just leave her with Cormorant to train elsewhere.” Not to mention the child she carries now, though he would't know it ─ he'd left too soon to notice the swelling of her belly, but it would certainly be a surprise upon his return.

@[Pteron]
    “”

n | r

WHAT ARE WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy - by Halcyon - 05-21-2020, 05:05 PM