• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy

halcyon
    a tight-pressed line keeping
    a wildfire on the inside

Halcyon laughs at Pteron's confusion and gives a bob of his tri-colored head. “Yes, for you. I need someone to teach me how to fight and... well, I don't think Mama is much of a fighter.” He smiles and rolls his feline shoulders in an amused shrug. He doesn't doubt that Aquaria could handle herself, should the need arise ─ but he had only ever known her to be caring and nurturing. Picturing her in the midst of battle leaves a weird feeling in his gut.

Halcyon slips into easy conversation with his Uncle, not realizing just how long it had been since the teal and ivory stallion had graced the shores of the island nation. Pteron's confusion is met with a similar expression from the tiger boy, but only briefly, before childlike laughter rolls from him again.

“It's been a long time since you came to visit, huh?” The question is rhetorical, absent of any accusations or bile ─ if there is one thing the young boy has come to know over the last year, it's that time can get away with you if you're not paying attention. “Yeah, Eva stepped down and Mom took over,” Halcyon says with a prideful smile; he had known just how it had pained Aquaria to be away from Ischia while they had waited for Alcinder and then Oceane to return to Loess, but to see her rewarded in such a way had seemed to make up for the time away.

“Cormorant is my little brother! He was born the spring after you visited us last, I think.” He tries to remember the seasons and the timeline, but he's never been good with dates. “Anyway, you'll like him.”

Sitting on his hinds, the tiger lifts a large front paw and scratches at the spot behind his ear. He yawns and it sends a shiver down his back, reminding him of the cool air that twists around them in the forest. “So, what do you say, Uncle Pteron? Will you come with me?”

@[Pteron]
    “”

n | r

Messages In This Thread
    RE: our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy - by Halcyon - 05-22-2020, 11:46 AM