• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Pteron watches the enthusiastic spin with a laugh, marveling once more at the changes in the creature in front of him. He’s grown so much, and as eager as the dun stallion is to ensure he doesn’t miss any more of Halcyon’s life he is reminded of other responsibilities.

“There is someone to tell, yes” Pteron says with a nod. “Well, someones. My children Aureus and Asena, and their father Aegean. They will love Ischia, I am sure, and maybe you can practice teaching them some of the things I’ll teach you.” He leans down, nipping playfully at the twitching tip of Halcyon’s tail, before taking a few steps to the side.

“I’ll need to let them know and say our goodbyes to the Tephrans, but we’ll be there when the leaves change.” The pegasus glances up at the trees around them, rich and green. Yet the wind around them carries a chill, the first touch of fall, and it is clear that Pteron does not mean to be long. For a moment – just a very brief moment – he considers asking Halcyon if he is sure that Aquaria wants him there. But he convinces himself that the boy wouldn’t have asked without at least mentioning it to her first. It will all work out in the end. It has to.

“I’m so glad you see you again, Hal.” Pteron tells the boy. “I’ve missed you, and I’m glad I won’t have to miss you anymore soon. Congratulations on a successful recruit.” He beams proudly, his olive eyes bright, and prepares to make his way back to Tephra, his lover, and their children to tell them the news. Aegean had said he’d follow him anywhere, after all. It is time to find out if that includes to a place with as much history and emotion as Ischia.

@[Halcyon]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: our veins are busy but my heart's in atrophy - by Pteron - 06-14-2020, 11:44 AM