• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't kiss me if you're afraid of thunder | Laia! Any!
    "You're oldest, but I was born first! So I can flash if I want to!" She cried out as they ran, but didn't use her power again. Running felt good, the stretching of her young muscles and the rhythmic pounding of feet on the ground. Anyway. Beating Loey was always more satisfying if it was a fair race. 

Heart thundering in her chest, the splashy filly came to a riotous halt at the border of their home. Behind them, dense jungle and heavy, humid air. Before them, who knew? Adventure, of one kind or another. She had only just begun to turn to answer her twin's question when an unexpected other voice did instead. Laia shrieked and briefly disappeared. 

She stood back in their home den for three heartbeats, and then realized that she'd left Locheed stranded with a stranger. Gasping in horror, she flashed back to where she'd just been standing. 

"Sorry, Loey," her eyes were big and remorseful, before she turned back to the new speaker. "Don't sneak up on people like that! It's rude." She scolded, one hoof stamping in the loamy soil. Her heart had slowed at last to its usual beat, while she shook her lengthening forelock from her eyes to better see the boy. Boys. There were two of them now, and she could see they were brothers even without the second one's greeting. 

Her head tossed, awkwardly displaying her own antler spikes to the colts. One of them had horns of his own but she dearly hoped he didn't want to use them. She didn't know the first thing about fighting with antlers, and besides, poking him with her pointy little sticks would probably hurt him. And then she'd have to explain why she had hurt another kid and it seemed like a lot of work to explain that she'd only done it to protect herself and Loey and he'd started it and no, there weren't supposed to be out here in the first place but- 

Her big blue eyes blinked hard. Right. They were still here and no one was hurting anyone. She huffed an embarrassed breath and looked at the two boys again. "Anyway, I'm Laia and this is my sister Loey," she picked up the thread of conversation again. "Who're you?" They were siblings, obviously, maybe even twins too. But they were alsoas differing as she and her own twin were. 

@[Locheed] @[Yanhua] @[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don't kiss me if you're afraid of thunder | Laia! Any! - by Laia - 06-02-2020, 02:37 PM