• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a reason like mine
    The dragonlike creature lurches closer, and Celina’s mouth falls open in a sharp-toothed warning that he cannot see to heed. She will forgive him for this, she decides as he traces the shape of her face with his; it is not his fault fate has blinded him to a woman’s signs that he has come too close. He’s overcome fate’s handicaps, it seems, and for that Celina allows this transgression. She might want him, but it would be on her terms, in her time. Now is certainly not the time, so she snaps warningly at the air beside his soft muzzle.

Can he breathe fire?
    This is a concern Celina had not considered before acting, and she remembers only now her father’s warnings about dragons.

Perhaps fortunately, he turns away from her then, toward a soft voice to her side. Celina had not heard the filly’s arrival, she was so focused on the winged creature in front of her. Fool, she thinks of herself, and hides the embarrassment in a low hiss at the bejeweled little creature in front of her. The black child is covered with crystals, their blue-green depths shimmering even in the weak winter light. Celina's irritation changes immediately to fascination, and she draws nearer without thought. From where they had clung, unseen in her deep blue mane, fireflies begin to flicker. They’re an unconscious sign of her lack of caution, and they light the air around her in a yellow-green haze as she draws nearer the girl who tells them they are making a ruckus.

Celina does not notice the creature’s scowl, and she is only passingly familiar with the queen that Amarine emulates so well. She might have come closer still, as close as Ghaul had, but the sound of that stallion’s voice pulls her attention away. He speaks of monsters, and Celina scowls. Hunting monsters? He means her father, Celina realizes. The last time she had seen Wolfbane he’d spoken of finding refuge in Pangea, yet the Pangean king is here now to track him down. Nash’s mother was in Pangea? The frown that mars her long face deepens as he continues to speak, an ugly expression that she does not change for the arrival of a spotted mare.

She has seen the woman before, but she can’t think of where. The meadow, perhaps? Or as a child? The woman is by far the most skilled at conversation among the adults gathered, though Celina rather likes the casual way that Ghaul speaks of hunts and violence. The mare with the fetching spots and intriguing marking says something about someone’s ears, and then she too speaks of monsters.

The mare shakes the last of the instinctual haze from her mind and focuses on the conversation at hand. It has been some time since she has felt anything other than her most primal emotions, but the worry is so strong that it wakes her not much differently than a splash of a cold wave against her face might. He’s hunting Wolfbane, and with this attack on their queen, Nerine might soon be hunting Wolfbane as well. The northern woods behind her seem suddenly rife with danger. The fear of being trapped is stronger even than the worry, stronger than the interest that peaks when Ghaul grins and shows a delightfully large amount of teeth. The filly’s request be damned, Celina thinks, she will have this one. There is a mate somewhere in Pangea to convince, she knows, having caught the undeniably feminine scent that is interwoven in Ghaul’s scales so tightly she can only be a lover. No barrier is insurmountable, and Celina has many years yet before she finds a beautiful mate of her own and the two of them have need of a father for their children. Time enough to convince him, even if she need beat him bloody.

The thought of that does soften the scowl on her face a little.

“I will visit Lilliana in Pangea,” Celina announces. “I have news for her from her son.” This is a lie, but a convenient one that she knows the two Nerinians cannot prove. Not unless either has mind magic, the bad magic. The thought makes the hair on Celina’s silver back stand on end. Her proclamation is not especially relevant to the topic, so she begins to step away. Her white wings flare out around her when there is space enough, the sky and navy blue badges at her shoulders in the same pattern as her mother’s wings. Her departure is likely to be viewed as suspicious, but Celina does not care. She needs to find her father and tell him of this. There is much he needs to be made aware of, and she has only the faintest idea where to begin looking for him.

@[Amarine]

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

ooc: celina can be assumed to be leaving unless someone stops her Smile

Messages In This Thread
    a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-11-2020, 12:07 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 01:27 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-12-2020, 02:22 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 06:55 PM