• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a reason like mine

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    She has little to offer the hunter, but she is weirdly glad he came all the same. Deep down, she knows it is just because he doesn’t want others to hurt what he’d claimed as his prey, his to maim, but right now it’s all the same to her. If he is able to track down Neverwhere - or at least her ears, which might indicate where she had gone, at least temporarily so that they might pick up a trail - then at least she had an idea what happened, and if the mare was still capable of ruling at the moment. And an idea of what was terrorizing their coastline, although honestly, she thought it was an oddly specific behaviour, indicating some sense to this monster-being.

She’s about to say something of the like, but she is distracted by the behaviour of the others currently present. The scaled mare turns to take her leave, saying she has a message for Lilliana from her son. This makes Wen frown a little, wondering which son she means and why through this Taigan predatory mare, but of all those around, it seems that none pays attention enough for them to see it, as even Ama is focused on the leaving mare.

And it is Ama, indeed, who says something about it, though Eurwen might not have said it as directly as the girl had; but there is no need now anyway for diplomacy. Ghaul seems to change into something more dangerous before her eyes - it is interesting to see that he doesn’t tolerate lies, a side of him she had never seen. (Though, in fact, she had only seen him burn for no reason that she could see.) There must be more to him than her first impression, and for now, she would rather heed his warnings than be sorry later.

Anyway, it’s the kind of warning she would have issued on another, as well.

She watches the scene play out before her eyes, then turns her attention to the mare as well. ”What are you not telling us?” she interjects softly - softly, but her voice is rather stony and edgy - into the silence that falls after Ama and Ghaul’s accusation and question.

@[Celina] @[Amarine] @[ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-11-2020, 12:07 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 11:59 AM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 01:27 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-12-2020, 02:22 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-12-2020, 06:55 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Amarine - 05-12-2020, 08:42 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by ghaul - 05-12-2020, 09:49 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Eurwen - 05-13-2020, 12:40 PM
    RE: a reason like mine - by Celina - 05-13-2020, 01:55 PM