• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  gold cage; hostage to my feelings; tamlin

For most of Tamlin’s life, he had not thought about how wolves are not exactly native to the jungle. At least, not the grey wolves he had taken to hanging out with since his powers manifested. His pack had ‘moved in’ when they were attracted to him one day and it was only recently that this intelligent stallion pieced together why they usually hung out on the edges of Tephra.

They didn’t like it!

A truly distressing notion for someone who basically only had wolves for friends. This evening, in an effort to see where they preferred to hang out, he was following them. Lightly stalking, if you will. He flew above them in the sky, trailing behind them as they inevitably moved away from the humid world he called home.

As a failing of his own biology, when darkness began to set in he had to abandon the pursuit and land for a rest and that is when he saw some glowing by the river. Like the catfish she had ensnared, the fireflies drew Tamlin in. He folded his mis-matched wings against his side as he approached, not feeling any sense of cautiousness to deter him.

Maybe if Tamlin hadn’t made a habit of hanging around with wolves he would find the sight stranger than he did. Of course it was definitely strange but it wasn’t repulsive, more on the amusing side of strange. He tilted his head to the side the way a curious pup might, a bright grin lit up his warm brown eyes.

She seemed to have paused upon his approach, so Tamlin stepped a little closer and eyed the impressive catfish. “Well, don’t let me interrupt. That’s a pretty big snack you got there.”

t a m l i n

artwork by space1993

@[Celina]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings; squirt pony - by Tamlin - 05-18-2020, 04:28 PM