• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I was told
    isn't she lovely?
    The nauseating journey to Pangea is a long one, especially when accompanied by nothing other than silence.

It is different when travelling with the comfort of a friend, even more so when the company is named Kalil. In all reality, Ruthless hadn’t ventured much beyond Nerine territory since meeting Lilliana and Kalil.

They were all she needed, and now they are simply gone.

So, yes. The silence is perhaps most suffocating of all.

The border arrives with the shelter of large canyons on either side. She expands her neck in attempt to see beyond the few spotted trees, hearing the soft flow of water but not entirely sure where it stems from. The air here is dry, and the plains almost barren though rock and dusted snow still decorate the landscape.

The sun rises and with it sing birds that are alien to pine trees and oak branches. They seem larger, more volatile. Whispers of Pangea however have warned her of not only biologically appropriate vultures, but also of the inhabitants. The horses. The leader. The army.

Aten is missing. Lilliana is missing.

Perhaps Pangea is the most sane after all.

Ruthless
    father x mother or rank

@[Desire] @[lilliana]
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    She is out of place, as all outsiders that enter are, and from Desire’s position on a sharp ledge she watches the golden girl walk across the border. With its network of canyons and various outlookings Pangea had a host of suitable places for watching without being seen, and this was where Desire most often chose to be. The birth of the twins took up most of her attention now, but that didn’t mean the comings and goings went entirely unnoticed by her, and the older the girls became the easier the first time mother was able to steal pieces of solitude without having to worry they were going to get themselves killed.

So she is alone when she begins her lazy trek down the path cut into the walls of this particular canyon, cautious to not send a shower of rock and debris as she descends. Her intangibility aids her in this, allowing her to phase through most of the looser footing, until she is able to nimbly step down onto flat ground once more.

With a toss of her head she shakes off all signs of her suspicion, and in its wake there is nothing but a brilliant smile as she approaches the visitor. “It’s not often we get surprise company here,” she nearly chirps with delight once she is close enough, regarding her curiously with black eyes that remain half-hidden behind a stark white forelock. “My name is Desire. What brings you to Pangea?”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

Lilliana has a history, of perhaps, skewed luck.

The last time Ruth roamed out of Taiga… well, Lilliana had tried to forget that whole ordeal as best she could. The chestnut mare barricaded herself with the same warm smile, with the same bright-eyes that the Taigan Ambassador could be known for. Whatever shadows lurked through her mind revealed themselves only in the dark and the copper mare hadn’t argued when @[Ruthless] stayed in Nerine. If anything, she had been relieved.

(It was easier to pretend the shadows didn't exist that way.)

The red mare spends this day as she does most others; she takes shelter in one of the many canyons that distinguishes Pangea from her other sister kingdoms. The slender mare spends the hours of her captivity irritably shifting her weight, cocking one hip and then the other when the joint starts to ache.

There isn’t much longer to go and the crimson mare has taken herself closer to the southern border (though her mind is turning towards the Meadow or perhaps the River). Lilliana meant what she told Celina - she has no intention of delivering her child in Pangea.

Lilli has tucked herself safely away, letting those same shadows cover her ochre-hued frame, in a crevasse not far from the river. It’s a voice that carries downwind, sweet and alluring, a siren-song in an otherwise barren desert. Her ears prick forward and then back. Does she dare leave?

The scent (or rather scents - there are two) that follows decides for her.

When Lilliana appears from behind one red canyon wall to be greeted by a few dead trees, birdsong and a golden piece of her heart that lodges in her throat. She is so happy to see Ruthless, but here? In Pangea? Another part of her - the one that has called her lioness - knows she shouldn’t be surprised to see her here at all.

"Hello,” the chestnut greets the galaxy-covered mare with a tentative smile. She is something crafted from the cosmos and Lilliana tilts her head curiously at a cluster of stars shimmering on her purple coat. Turning her attention back to her gold girl, the Taigan mare feels like she is drowning in a tsunami of emotions and questions - has Neverwhere sent her? Has Taiga? What of her boys? Elaina? Brazen? The Redwoods? Nerine? Her blue eyes are burning - much like Desire’s star-studded pelt - with questions.

"Lilliana,” she politely offers to the Pangean before fixing her full attention on Ruthless while she waits (what feels like eons) for the golden girl to answer @[Desire]’s question. The copper mare doesn’t offer more but her shining eyes say it all - I am so happy to see you.

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind
    isn't she lovely?
    Had Ruthless paid attention more to sight, she would have acknowledged the brightly painted mare with vibrant white locks first. However, the mare who calls herself Desire is not the mare Ruthless acknowledges first.

It is the scent of Lilliana that holds her attention.

Excitement and anticipation however is burned as the fiery red mare emerges with yet another protruding belly. Ruth feels her mouth run dry, her throat feel stuck, her stomach plummet to the barren floor. So, she ran off with him.

And all Ruth can think is what she did to lose everyone.

“Hello,” she is able to calmly muster to Desire though her eyes struggle to peel themselves from the robust barrel Lilliana is sporting, “I… I am not entirely sure now.”

It’s true, she hadn’t come to Pangea for really anything other than answers. Something to help her learn the fallout of Taiga and the struggle of Nerine, or perhaps a place to escape it altogether. Like Kalil and Aten (and supposedly Lilliana) had done. Though words struggle to form as she faces the chestnut ghost that for weeks has had nightmares about.

Worried about.

For nothing?

Lilliana speaks and for a second Ruthless loses herself in the familiarity of her tone; the soft sing-song pitch, the gentle deliverance, the polite physical language. Her words hug her in an invisible blanket of safety like the soft touch of a mother’s hand, before the nagging reminder of Wolfbane slaps her from her comfort.

Her train of thought returns before uncomfortably shifting her stance. Desire as her train of thought returns, uncomfortably shifting her stance, “Ruthless. Visiting I guess you could say.”

Ruthless
    father x mother or rank

@[Desire] @[lilliana]
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    She does not boast any kind of innate power that allows her to read minds or emotions. She does not have anything other than a well-honed skill that lets her observe this situation and pick apart the tensions and recognize that look that flashes briefly across the golden girl’s face when she catches sight of Lilliana, one of Pangea’s prisoners. It is something that causes a spark of delight down in the darkness of her chest, the kind of spark that she is careful to not let reach her eyes.

There is a part of her that is made for chaos; a part of her that will always crave it, the same others might crave love or company. She feels the hesitation and the uncertainty that Ruthless seems to brim with before she regains her composure, and though Desire is tempted to see how far she can stoke this, she opts to remain neutral, for now.

“Well,” she says in a way that is somewhat blithe, the smile never wavering from her white lips as her gaze takes its turn from Lilliana to Ruthless. “It almost seems like you two know each other?” She pauses to steal a glance around Pangea – the red dirt and the canyon walls, the grit in the air, and the very nature of the place and its creation that seems to seep from every crack. “Even as someone that lives here I’m not sure if Pangea would have been my choice for a reunion, but,” and here her black eyes steal a sideways glance to Lilliana, commenting casually, "I suppose you don't have many options right now, do you?"

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

@[lilliana]