• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings
    There were whispers about Soso and Kiki's new babies, but they were whispers that never fully reached Locheed and @[Laia]. Something about dream-travel and mushrooms - this of course made the dragon-scaled filly more curious than she would have been about her newborn aunt and uncle under normal circumstances. It was just enough second-hand information to fuel endless speculation by the Raulight twins. And most of their made-up explanations were things they would never say out loud. Because everyone knows, words whispered to a twin and not considered said out loud.

So the yearling's curiosity is irresistible as she sees a little colt galloping across the grasslands. A little colt who happens to match much of her overheard intel.

Locheed gives a call, one her sister would know meant to come find her if she was close enough to hear... but she wasn't going to wait around and miss her opportunity to meet him.

She reaches the colt just as he is enjoying a roll in the grass, and she is tempted to do the same. But he springs to his feet and looks so expectantly into the sky in a way that makes her take a step back, and a laugh overrides the greeting she had planned.

"What are you looking for?" she asks, as she comes to stand beside him and follow his line of vision. The sinking sun behind them was beginning to set the clouds alight with the colors of flames, and roosting birds flew noisily above them. It was interesting enough to look at, but the mystery that surrounded him made her feel like there was something more to it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings - by Locheed - 05-17-2020, 02:14 PM