• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean has settled in easily to the Tephran lifestyle. It is no surprise, after all, with how much he has spent of his life wandering—how many places have served as a temporary home. He feels no great connection to the island, but neither does he actively feel discomfort in settling here. Instead, it feels like just another dream, an extension of the life he has led ever since he found Pteron once more. Their time together has been sweet, gentle, and now, the love manifested in not one but two little ones.

He cannot claim that carrying them, or giving birth, was a pleasant experience. It was, after all, nature’s way, but he cannot ever claim to think it was not worth it. Instead, he wakes up every day feeling grateful for the gifts bestowed upon him. The twins are miracles and when Leliana comes to check on them, he feels his heart swell with joy—for their existence, for her help, for the love that brought them here.

And, today, he feels great pleasure in watching them explore the land itself.

They are young but already graceful for their age. Each beautiful and wondrous things. He smiles as they explore around him—Aureus with his gentle glow and secrets in his eyes and Asena with her own gifts of illusionism. He cannot imagine how much she will grow with them in time. To be born with such power would mean her control over it would far exceed his own reach in short order.

It does nothing but make him smile.

Humming lightly under his breath, he continues to wander forward, his amethyst hooves sinking into the moist volcanic soil with each step, his tail dragging just slightly on the ground. It is only when he comes across the trio that he pauses, purple eyes washing over them as a faint bemused smile tugs gently at the glowing curve of his mouth. “Hello there,” he calls, his voice gentle. He laughs lightly as he watches the first boy rise up in the air, the glee washing off him in waves. “My name is Aegean.”

He smiles at all three before motioning to the pale faces behind him.

“And these are my children, Aureus and Asena.”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings - by aegean - 05-20-2020, 05:40 PM