• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings
    i know i need us more than i need me
    Though a call goes out while I galavant towards the pond, my attention fails to register the sound. As such, a squeal of surprise accompanies a jolt of my entire body three inches to the left as I set eyes on the filly who settles in next to me when I rise from my roll. The crystalline sound of the scaled-filly's laughter soothes my shock, however, and I step forward to investigate with a thoroughness known only to monthlings.

Standing many hands shorter than this girl-who-smells-like-family, I poke and prod her entire body with my wuffling nose, from her face to her hooves to her lizard-like tummy. I only remember my mission when she asks what I look for. The sunset! Leaping away from her without a word, I sprawl my legs and stare at the pond, then the sky, then the pond, then the sky, frowning in a concentration so hard that I fart a little. Lucky for me, I once again do not even notice.

By this time (with enough of the sunset logged in my memory to satisfy my dream-related needs), another filly of the same age and size as the first shows up and begins to gush over me. Her words far exceed the other's in terms of excitedness - when I glance up at her with my blue eye, she vibrates right on the spot! The huge smile this brings to my face causes my cheeks to cramp but I forget that right away.

"Hi!!" I exclaim at long last, grinning up at the twin sisters with glee. "And you are both very beautiful," I go on, the high pitch of my baby voice ringing through the humid air. Once again I step forward to sniff and poke at the new sister, ruffling her feathers with a wet mouth and sneezing on her knees before stepping back. "I have wings just like you! If you wait 'til sunset's over, you'll see."

Before I can explain further, another voice apprehends my attention (a voice whose approach I failed to notice, too!). My spin-around to face the voice almost ends with my face in the dirt. A stallion! The creature stands so far above me and with such regality in his glowing-white and amethyst aura that I forget to close my mouth while I stare. He also smells like family! When I get my mouth to click shut long enough for me to step towards the stallion (I haven't met any adults beside Momma and Mothers yet, nevermind a stallion!), two more small creatures appear next to him.

My name is Aegean and these are my children, Aureus and Asena.

A boy and a girl, just like me and Iri.

A distinct feeling of oneness begins to set in.

The youngest filly's mock-attack greeting distracts me from this, however, and I rear back on my hind legs with a mighty one-two punch of my skinny forelegs in response. Yet my eagerness to exchange a "proper" greeting with her abates none and I step forward to wuffle at her nose, ears, antler nubs, and down the length of her crooked blaze. "You're my twin sister's age!" I burst, unable to pretend to be a singlet any longer. Yet I once again fail to explain her absence during this gathering.

Stepping back and tripping over a rock, I feel my heart tremble while the grin on my lips remains steadfast. "Who are you all?" I ask, eyes gravitating back towards the stallion and his son, who remains attached to his father's side. I wonder for a moment what it must be like to have a father but find that thought uninteresting and allow it to pass me by without interruption. "Are you my brother, Aegean?" My head lowers in submission, lips chewing and ears forward as I approach to greet and lick the much larger man's nose. "You smell and taste like momma and mother..."
    Indius

""

@[Locheed]
    [Image: indi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings - by Indius - 05-21-2020, 10:25 AM