• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings
    The energy of the evening air was intoxicating to the girl. She's was summer's child, through and through, all thunderstorm days and sultry nights. Her days were cast in golden light and so too were the ones she met. 

When their little party expanded, her heart leapt. A grown up man with two more little ones by his side, every one of them bathed in moonlight glow. Like her sister, the buckskin girl took a pause with their arrival. She giggled at the tiny girl's question, admiring the fearless way she approached the group. Her brother seemed more reserved, and so Laia made a point of smiling extra brightly when he looked her way. 

Her smile faltered at the sudden appearance of other creatures in their midst. An exclamation of surprise squeaked past her lips and she drew closer to her sister's side. Magic, Loey asked, and that was all that made sense. It was interwoven in all of their lives, part of the very fabric of their existence, but this kind felt different to the filly. 

It looked like a tuft tailed bunny was hopping past her feet, nose twitching and button eyes gleaming. But when she moved to try and brush it with one little hoof, there was nothing to touch. It left a strange feeling in her tummy to know that what she was seeing wasn't really there. 

The tawny girl molded herself to her twin's side, doing her best to avoid letting another of the phantom creatures pass through her. The other kids seemed to like them though, so she stayed quiet and watched. Her sister's warm flank was wonderfully grounding to the uncertain girl who was finding herself growing overwhelmed. So many new faces, new features, and her excitement had begun to fizzle. 

@[aegean] sorry this took forever

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know I need us more than I need me // any siblings - by Laia - 06-11-2020, 09:45 PM