• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge
    of how much to give and how much to take
    The thrill of a successful hunt under Brennen’s nose has been enough to make Ivar forget his revenge for a few hours. Having left the children in the care of one of the roan mares, Ivar had travelled to Nerine and proceeded to forget about them entirely.

At least until he wakes to the sound of someone calling him.

Ivar enjoys Ischia for its lack of structure, and a summons is exactly the opposite of that. And there is no doubt it is a summons. Had he not seen Aquaria’s magic he’d might have ignored it, rolling over and falling back asleep in the surf. But that pricks at him, needles him to wakefulness, and he growls as he releases his left hind foot from where it has held tight to a coral and anchored him in his sleep.

The meeting is not at her private cove, and nor is Aquaria entirely the creature he remembers. Where are her scales? Her gills? The woman in front of him looks terrible, though he cannot fathom why. The same is true for the creature in front of her, a genderless thing that Ivar glances at with the same sort of interest as he might look at week-old leftovers. Palatable, but not his first choice. When they speaks in a familiar voice, Ivar’s expression suggests he’s found mold on those leftovers. It’s the shifter from a few weeks ago. Aodhan. They knows that Ivar had been looking for Aquaria’s home, and the kelpie had told them of his search for Evia.

Aodhan asks Aquaria something about getting back to normal, and Ivar doesn’t know what they mean. He also does not care, and instead yawns and stretches. There is neither sign nor scent of the blood that had so recently colored those perfect white scales, but the memory of it keeps him from snapping irritably, and instead he drifts, withers and shoulders above the shallow water of the beach, and waits to see why he’s been bothered so early in the morning.

and i'll use you as a warning sign
    that if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Ivar - 05-23-2020, 07:03 AM