• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

Her lips pressed tightly against each other as first Aodhán and then the glinting kelpie Ivar arrived at her summons. At the spotted stallion's shift into what she knew was a reflection of herself, she felt her jaw tighten painfully. For a moment all she could do was look at him, shame prickling her gut at the drab image he painted. It ebbed away as she caught the kelpie's eye. Appearance be damned, she had more pressing things to address. 

Her head, plain white except where a faint golden emblem marked her brow, nodded curtly in acknowledgment of their presence. "I see I'm down to two beachmasters. A pity." She said, glancing at the sea that held their isles near. "Very well. We've waited long enough. Too long." The words caught in her throat momentarily, cleared away in a rough cough. 

"My foals are missing. I've searched the main island, and have found no trace of them. I called you here to let you know that I'll be searching your islets next. You're welcome to join me. I'd appreciate the extra eyes and the familiarity with your homes, but it's not required." Her hooves shifted beneath her restlessly. Already she felt they'd wasted far too much time. The sooner she got underway, the sooner she'd find her babies. The alternatives were unthinkable, though they pressed at her mind insistently. Anything less than finding the twins alive and well would rend her apart. 

With a brisk shake that ruffled her from nose to tail, she forced herself back into control, willing emotion to stay contained while these stallions remained near. There would be time enough for the gut wrenching tears later. When she was alone, or with her children. Not now. 

"Who's first?" She asked, looking from one face to the other. Ivar, bored and beautiful. Aodhán, concerned maybe, in his own way. Their homes might hold the treasure she'd lost, and she was not about to waste time recovering it.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Ivar] @[Aodhan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Beachmasters - by Aquaria - 05-26-2020, 01:37 PM