• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Lost in the monster you've become; Wolfbane

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

Always running from him, Lilliana shot away from Wolfbane and darted off into the safety of the mountain where he quickly followed. The pursuit excited him as it always did; Bane wasn’t one to avoid a challenge and his arrogant, prideful nature spurred him further and further away from Pangea, when he should’ve paused to assess why Lilliana was being allowed to leave at all. If he’d stopped for just one second to evaluate the circumstances, Bane might’ve known better, but as a creature of wants and desires he didn’t. He was lustful and blinded by the recent success of a season’s-worth of terrorizing the colonies.

Under the shadow of the mountain, he paced behind the illusioned Lilliana and wove expertly through and over the tightly clustered saplings or fallen debris. The sound of their going was rhythmic, a pleasant tempo of thundering hooves and the snorting gusts of wind they took while running. Lilli, having already shown Bane what she was capable of before this moment, surprised him often. The brawny, wingless stallion had been surprised to see her taken to the shelter of the wood, but not too surprised. He’d been forced down onto the ground out of necessity, and though he could alter his shape and certainly catch up with her in an instant, if he wished, the creature (again) defaulted to believing himself wholly capable of doing that on hoof.

He liked the idea that his chasing her the slow way would draw out her terror.

So when she burst free from the foothills of the mountain and wove her way down into the overgrown meadow, so did Bane. He whipped out from the trees, glistening gold and blue, while the recognizable mane that grew along his spine and flared out into a streaming, white tail shivered in the wind. He never broke stride - he didn’t need to. Lilliana appeared to have accepted that he wouldn’t give up the chase, and he watched the fiery mare with a smug look of delight. With his mask he appeared almost sinister, even in the dreamy haze of the meadow’s evening light.

They stopped. The sunlight gave an illusion of glowing fire over the sea of waving grass that engulfed them both. Wolfbane sunk his hips and dug his hooves into the earth, skidding to a high-stepping trot as he shook his striped, thick neck and grinned triumphantly at the appearance of his quarry waiting for him just a few meters away. Lilliana looked … thin. Beautiful, alluring, mesmerizing yes. But thin, and not as round as he’d hoped she’d be this late into the season. That alone was nearly enough to smother his pleased expression, but he blew gusts of wind out from his wide, dark nostrils and did his best to swallow back the disappointment.

There would always be next season.

“If you wanted us to be alone, you could’ve just said so darling.” The charmer smiled, slowing his pace even further until he was striding confidently through the soft meadow. “But I admit the theatrics were nice. I’ve been needing a good reason to stretch these legs.”

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Normal, wingless  ◉  Mood: Amused

@[Heartfire] bad boy bad boy, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when Heartfire come for yoooou?
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lost in the monster you've become; Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 05-25-2020, 09:13 AM