• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Where the rocks lie - Lilli

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    She’s been there before - the point of no return. Passed it, if not for someone who reached beyond the line and dug their claws into her, telling her they wouldn’t let her go, and would stay there until a hurt and tired Eurwen was pulled back from that ridge.

It seemed a lifetime ago, but she knew it like yesterday.

Lilliana’s face changes with the story of Ghaul. It probably had been a deal, Eurwen realizes - one that perhaps explained why the copper mare had not escaped yet or fought off her attackers like the fiery mare she knew, or even a promise of something else. To learn it had been for nothing... ”Perhaps he’s still searching,” she shrugs a little. One could never know what went on in that head of his, anyway.

She tilts her head at Lilli’a offers, nodding. ”I’ll tell him that if he accepts the change, it will be part of his responsibility.” For a search party, a kingdom seat was really all she needed to offer. ”But if you have other ideas for collaboration, I think those are great ideas. It would make the North more of a whole.” Like she’d always tried and hoped, she might add, but the red mare already knows that this is one of Wen’s deepest wishes. What else is the use of a kingdom and territories?

She giggles a bit at Lilli’s description regarding Neverwhere. ”Ice, I think - like Fechín? But yes. A buffer would be nice.” she agrees - and following up on that, she simply nods to the agreement to talk to Lethia.

Then comes a proposition to guard the northern border, and in pairs, and she frowns. Nerine is not the threat to Taiga, they both know. So what is it? ”Is this about the monster? Because you do start to sound crazy.”

Dark orbs search the light ones - the frown not completely leaving her spotted face. ”Tell me about the monster, please. I don’t know what we’re up against.” Neither Lilliana nor Neverwhere had ever given her details - if anything - and with one mare nearly broken and the other missing, Eurwen felt a responsibility coming her way that she knew nothing useful about.

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-20-2020, 12:53 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-21-2020, 03:31 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-22-2020, 09:15 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-23-2020, 08:55 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-24-2020, 08:57 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-24-2020, 08:52 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-25-2020, 06:31 AM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by ghaul - 05-25-2020, 06:48 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by lilliana - 05-25-2020, 09:45 PM
    RE: Where the rocks lie - Lilli - by Eurwen - 05-26-2020, 02:16 PM