• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma

Ilma
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water
    and make no noise

The moment is soft, warm and sweet, as he is; like a last ray of sunshine elongating the day on a late summer’s eve. There is no telling what her body might be capable of if her mind had not distracted her - distracted them - tired from travelling or not. Perhaps if she stands really still, leans in just a little, listening to his breath and the vibrations of his heart in his chest - maybe then, the moment will stretch for what feels like forever, and she can forget all about having forgotten anything in the first place?

It doesn’t seem right that this way of thinking has her suddenly recollect her children, or something of the like. She finds it was the wrong question to ask when she feels him steady himself and pull away slightly; her face contorts in a puzzled frown when she starts questioning that which she perceived as her memory. ”Huh,” she starts, then smiles at him apologetically, reaching for his neck - he is not too far away, she hopes - for a reassuring touch. ”...could have sworn…” but her voice is a hush, mumbling in the nearing darkness against his skin, and she lets go of the thought, at least verbally. The filly had something of his, but she seemed also super vague still. Perhaps she has a type,

There would be no way for the both of them to tell that they’re thinking of two sets of very different children of hers; that of the two she sees in her mind’s eye, only one is currently real, at all. A moment seems broken, like someone hit a pause button - there is no doubt to her that should the situation find itself again, there would be a fast forward - and she wants it back, if she can. The question of who she was with before is one she can answer later… perhaps when she meets them again, the perlino colt or the blue-marked filly - perhaps that’s why she liked Svedka so much. For now… if she forgot all about their sires but remembers him, then she makes the active choice not to go looking for the past, not right now.

”Not now,” she repeats her thought out loud when her sun-and-clouded friend moves away. She might as well have said don’t go, she thinks, with the way she sounds now, but honestly she cannot care. ”The middle of the night is no time for unannounced visits, is it?” she smiles at him, amused with the way he moved onward to make sure she had everything she needed, and perhaps she does have a mischievous undertone, or sparkle in her eye when she looks at him.

The irony was just that - everything she needed seemed just a single step away right now.

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?

@[Svedka]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sunshine, won't you be my mother? || ilma - by Ilma - 06-02-2020, 11:29 AM