• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're up in flames
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

HERE LIES CRESS
    Once princess of the Valley
    Daughter of Oxytocin and Kindling
    Mother to Rhaenyra, Flamebrand, Dawn, Ravine, and Frenzy
    Lover to Flamevein
    Friend to many

To my children: I love all of you dearly, more than words could possibly express. Ravine, I’m coming home. Rhae, I hope you are well, wherever you are. Flamebrand, I am sorry we never reconnected, but I see your beautiful family and I love you all. Dawn, my Dawn, keep on keeping on. All of your children are beautiful and perfect and you are more blessed than you’ll ever realize. And to my darling Frenzy, who never got to know me at all, I love you, my dear. Be strong for me.

To my siblings and grandchildren and great-grandchildren, too numerous to name: I love you all. Go forth and prosper, and never forget where you came from.

To my father: I’m sorry, I did it again. I keep disappointing you, but know that I am looking down and I still love you. You are still strong.

To my mother: I’m not sure I ever forgave you, but honestly… could you blame me?

Flamevein: I still miss you with every breath. You taught me strength and how to let go, but I will love you always. May we meet again one day in death.

Ledger: You never met our wonderful daughter, and for that I am sad. She is a great woman now, and maybe one day you’ll come back and meet her.

Tiphon: Thank you for being a friend and companion when I desperately needed someone.

Castile: I liked you, even if you did go a little crazy there at the end.

Leliana: I cannot thank you enough for being my friend, my very best friend. I miss you, and I wish that I could’ve seen you again, one last time.

Rhaegor: You were like a son to me. I love you and miss you, and I pray the changing seasons bring you happier times.

To anyone else: I am sorry if I have forgotten you. I’ve known hundreds of names and faces over my years, and even if your name slips my mind right now, I still care for you as I did the day we met.

Yadigar: I meant what I said. I forgive you. Take good care of your sister.

Goodbye.

infected.