• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i only like the sad songs, ryatah
    echis
    “ I will love you until we run out of mornings. Then I will love you in the dark. ”

He has only ever tried to murder a handful of his children but even a short track record like that gives others pause, he’s learned. The others were mild inconveniences that he simply preferred to avoid. But Echis is much like Darling or Priya and this fact draws out the fleeting kindness that remains in him. She cowers at his touch and he wonders how long the flickering candle of her light will burn. How long before she, too, is snuffed out?

He lifts his head when Ryatah draws near and Echis eagerly lifts her head higher to receive her mother’s kiss. She giggles softly and presses her side close to her mother. Larva observes, detached and stoic, as he wonders what it is like to receive a parent’s love so easily. His eyes meet hers when she speaks his name.

Ryatah,” he replies, the corner of his lip curling into a smirk. The tiny child doesn’t seem convinced when she explains that Larva would not eat her, and she sucks in her breath quite suddenly when the word ‘father’ is spoken into the air around them. Her wide green eyes meet his and she studies him a little more closely this time. “I only eat my bad children. You’re not bad, are you?

He jokes but his humor sends the filly nosing her way beneath Ryatah’s wing for safety as she trembles. Her soft whimpering makes him chuckle. Larva leans closer then and traces his lips along the angel’s jawline as he reacquaints himself with her warmth.

I suppose I won’t eat this one, if you like her that much,” he offers with a hushed laugh. Their daughter peaks around her mother’s pale shoulder with terrified eyes and small ears turned forward to hear him better.

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 05-22-2020, 02:50 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 05-25-2020, 11:40 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 06-11-2020, 12:05 AM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 07-08-2020, 11:39 AM