• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i only like the sad songs, ryatah
    “I know when you go
    down all your darkest roads
    I would have followed all the way
    to the graveyard.”
    She curls her neck to press a reassuring kiss to the young girl’s brow when she nestles herself beneath her wing, right next to where the glass horn spirals from her skin. Echis was one of her sweetest children, and it evoked a rare protectiveness over her; different from the kind she had for all of her young children, this one was stronger, relentless. Most of her children were born with an edge to them, one that only got sharper as they got older, but that was unsurprising considering their fathers. It was difficult to take all that darkness and make it light, especially when any light she harbored herself was tainted, corrupted.

Somehow Echis had escaped the darkness of both her parents, and when she watches Larva, careful and unsure, she wonders if he will see that as a disappointment.

If he will find her too soft, too fragile, and if he will blame her own weakness for it.

When he steps forward to press his mouth to her jawline she tips her head to receive his touch, softening against him. She steps forward, just enough to run her own lips against his cheek, reminding herself of the feel of his scales beneath her skin. Larva was different than the others she spent time with. In a way he was almost the most difficult to read, and because she did not understand where his darkness was born from, it made her cautious. She wasn’t sure of her limits, but much the same as with the rest, she never wanted him to be angry – especially not at her.

“I do like her,” she concedes with her own quiet laugh, and turning to touch her nose to Echis again. She lifts her wing, encouraging the young girl forward again, but her eyes turn back to Larva’s, and she hesitates before asking him gently, “How are you? I actually didn’t really expect to see you again.”
    ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 05-22-2020, 02:50 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 05-25-2020, 11:40 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 06-11-2020, 12:05 AM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by Ryatah - 06-28-2020, 02:53 PM
    RE: i only like the sad songs, ryatah - by echis - 07-08-2020, 11:39 AM