• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing fades like the light

elio

These days, Elio lives in daydreams by day and nightmares by night. Plagued by the ache of his bones and imagined suspicious sounds, he exists like a ghost, often too ephemeral for strangers to think he is real.

He comes alive, though, some days - vivid in bright flashes of crimson and gold, like treasure come to life. A good actor on his worst days and a walking stream of sunlight on his best, Lio swings between hope of triumph and despair of the impossible.

Here it is easy to forget the impossible, surrounded by a very real tropical landscape and consumed with the thoughts of eager nieces and nephews. Elio's problems are so forgotten that the vivacious character he is during his highs shimmers dangerously in his eyes. A creature once ruled by black and white now subject to the ugliest of whims: the stallion's skin crawls with reckless energy.

Pteron isn't here and he is stuck with these thoughts.

When the world around Elio spins into a crashing ocean, he gasps the gentlest of ohs. Startled and stormy eyes flash down to the different world beneath his hooves, and then back up to find the curious purple gaze of an illusionist. Ethereal white and beautiful, the golden man doesn't know what to think. Every thought, as negative and as sticky as they are, disappears.

"Hello," Lio echoes, once dazed gaze sharpening to study Aegean. The elegant antlers. The jagged edges of his amethyst feet. The faint glow of his hide. "My brother is here," is yet another distance uttering, spoken as if he is incapable of telling anything other than the direct truth.

"What are you doing here?"

i don't think i could stand to be
    where you don't see me

@[aegean]
    [Image: elio-by-dozymare-ddo34i6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    nothing fades like the light - by elio - 05-24-2020, 12:04 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 05-26-2020, 01:59 AM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-09-2020, 09:29 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 06-09-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by elio - 06-16-2020, 07:31 PM
    RE: nothing fades like the light - by aegean - 06-17-2020, 12:22 AM