• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

| Let the moment break you, Beyza/Caledonia |
    After Yanhua had spoken his heart’s desire nothing happened. Silence, profound and infinitely deep, swallowed up his words. He waited hopefully; he lowered his ears even further and thought himself incredibly stupid for doing that much. Only the sound of some bird broke past his self-loathing, and Yan offered the noise a flicker of his attention. When the noise turned into a soft whisper, much louder, then he turned to look.

In the clearing stood a filly. Well… He thought at first, looking her over, adolescent. She was small, but then again everything Yan turned to face seemed to be shrinking around him. He slid one hind leg away from the other, and pivoted with a swish of his short golden tail to grin sheepishly back at Caledonia. Great, He thought on his earlier frustration, clamming up when the stranger leveled him with her mismatched gaze, this is what I get for not being satisfied with my lot in life.

Wish not to be alone and the fates give you a really unexpected guest at the worst possible moment. Yanhua swallowed. The forest shook her leaves at the wind and beside the first mare, another appeared. Similar, yet not the same. He blinked and felt the entire world shift sideways, opened his eyes to see Nashua standing alone in the exact spot Beyza stood now, blinked again and the world spun once more. When he opened his eyes, two whole blinks of a second later, the scene was as it should be. The Night stars and the Day clouds - the twin mares, just like he and Nash - were waiting for his answer.

“Um… hi. And I’m not sure.” He spoke casually, working hard to choke down his embarrassment. One witness was bad enough. Two?! I take it back. I want to be alone. You can make the earth swallow me up any time, now. “She’s in Pangea.” He shrugged, tilting his horns in thought. “I’m slow. It’s a long walk. Politics. No one tells me anything. The bearded yearling listed off his problems one-by-one. He figured since they asked and were confident enough to point out the obvious anyways… might as well be blunt himself.

“You tell me. Can you help?” He blinked his smooth blue eyes, straightened his shoulders and asked Beyza. Then, softer “Because if not, we shouldn’t dwell on her. I’d rather we talk about something else.” to @[caledonia].

Messages In This Thread
    RE: | Let the moment break you, Beyza/Caledonia | - by Yanhua - 06-15-2020, 07:23 PM