• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  show me the light
    She limps along at her usual hurried pace, single ear flitting back and forth catching the sounds that have echoed through the twilight air for ages. Conversation and comradery were not something she had ever been privy to, although she did like to watch from the shadows at every given opportunity. Creeper had always been a pariah. Most, if they could spot her, would look at her single ear and odd gait and feel pity for her. Others would seek to prey upon her. Hers was a hard world that taught only hard lessons.

On occasion she slinks down to the River, content to bask in the waters in solitude, tonight she takes a detour to the Field. When the others returned to their homes or found comfortable nooks to hide in for the night Creeper would wander. During the day she returned to one of her many hiding spots and slept. She clung to the foliage and shadows as she makes her way along the familiar path to the water. Though uneven and rushed her steps are silent and careful. Her hooves are sure as they touch the soil. She is methodical, her choice of steps calculated.

For a moment she stills, breath freezing in her lungs ear straining as it catches the sound of another. Their breath is heavy in the night air, hooves falling purposefully and without care. She backs quietly into the foliage, stilling everything but her wide eyes and thudding heart. The strangers scent thickens and she knows they draw near. She can only remain still and hope she remains unnoticed. Her dark coat can only hide her so much even in the dwindling light.

OOC: I haven’t played her before and I’m still figuring her out.

creeper

you can show me the light, but I will always love the dark

Vita

She travels beqanna via the sky, per usual. It was night, but she couldn't sleep. Her head was filled with thoughts of Aedan, the two had been off together for quiet some time...it seems she hadn't seen beqanna in far too long!

She was always observant of the life that movef about on the ground...she was far too friendly in nature, so she took nearly every opportunity to make a friend.

Tonight was no different.

It was hard to see...but she thinks there is another out and about in the dark night. She gently brings her body to the ground, her light colored body was pretty easily spotted in the night.

She follows the sound..another breathing? It was heavy so she wasn't sure exactly what was happening..she is close to foliage...and she almost took to the sky again but she caught glimpse of a pair of eyes!

The equine had a dark body, easily blending into the foliage. Hi! My name is Vita, you don't have to be scared. She says with a smile, growing closer. Most equines wouldn't bother with one hiding...but Vita was too naive to connect the dots.

Fear Controls You

@[Creeper]
    Creeper inwardly cringes as she catches sight of another sporting colors mimicking the daytime sky. She remains stock still as she is approached, her jaded gaze locked on the unassuming face of her visitor…until suddenly… realization dawns on the other’s features and Creeper knows she’s been found. The soft trill of the other woman’s voice caresses Creeper’s ear, causing her flesh to prickle with unease. She is offered a greeting, name, and reassurance all at once. Vita she repeats in her mind, committing the name to memory.

For a fleeting moment she considers fleeing, but quickly dismisses the thought as she is neither fast, nor winged. If Vita chose to catch her, Creeper would be caught. She curses her lame leg, and her parents, and the powers that be who created her as such a wretch. A flight animal who could not flee. An easy target.

”It’s….nice…to meet you, Vita.” she offers politely, although she does not yet feel the words she says. Strangers were rarely nice to Creeper. ”My name is…” she hesitates, lips pressing closed momentarily before deciding on ”well….it doesn’t matter. You’re welcome to call me whatever you like.”

The painted woman draws nearer, and Creeper forces herself not to back away. Instead she takes an odd step forward, drawing out of the dark greenery and into the open. She may as well not delay the inevitable. If she were going to be given pain she may as well not delay the inevitable. Delaying had never spared her flesh or her mind.

creeper

if i stare into the abyss, will it stare into me?

He's feeling his age today. It feels like age, though if the titan is truthful with himself, age has nothing to do with it. It isn't the number of summers he's seen gone by, but the amount of battles he's fought that sees him aching. Skeleton Ghoul had spent most of the day resting beneath a tree just beginning to get it's pink spring blossoms, but eventually, hunger won out over pain. 

Skeleton Ghoul moves with a slight limp; a discerning eye might be able to pick out that he's off in his hind, perhaps a stifle or a hock. Laying down all day didn't help, he thinks to himself, lowering his heavy skull to crop at the young spring grasses of the Field. Oh well. He supposes he will graze until the moon is high and then mosey back to Tiaga at his leisure. But, he isn't as alone as he thinks he is. 

The dark stallion's head lifts, empty eyes watching as a brightly colored paint pegasus descends from the starry sky. He breathes it, smelling her, and catches a second female scent not far. Skel's stomach tightens; the smell of woman will always be a divine thing to the nose of a testosterone-driven man. Fortunately, he is no predator, and he doubts his breeding season dry spell will be broken anytime soon. 

For a moment, Skeleton Ghoul just listens to the mares talk. Some niggling voice in his head is reminding him that evesdropping is rude -- perhaps the ghost of one of his mother's lessons from his yearling days. He sighs softly, and takes a few steps, and looks at the mares as he rounds a coppice of early spring bushes. 

His ears perk, and he stops a polite distance away. "Apologies," he rumbles. "I did not know anyone else was nearby."

It's a lie, but playing dumb has worked for him in the past.

SKELETON GHOUL

@[Creeper] @[Vita]
    [Image: qZyWUwo.png]
    Vita

The equine, who probably preferred to remain hidden responds. She had a gentle tone, responding to Vita's greeting. She goes to introduce herseld..yet oddly does not give a name. Instead shs tells Vita to call her whatever she likes.

In fact, the mare grows closer to Vita! Ok...I'll call you...friend! she says with a smile, her innocence gleaming through her words. She hadn't picked up on the mares limp, though it wouldn't gave swayed Vita into a different response.

The pair was not alone for long...they were soon accompanied by a third. Her head turns as the voice of another joins them, he apologizes for joining them...she smiles in response Don't be silly! The more the merrier! Of course she speaks for herself, because she barely new the other mare.

Her eyes gaze over the stallion, he towered over both mares who were nearly matching in height! He had a small beard, and feathers on his feet his mane was a beautiful white, one like Aedans! He even had a snub of a tail like Aedan did. I was just introducing myself, Vita, what is your name? She says, her smile never faltering.

Fear Controls You

@[Creeper]
    Her green gaze darts around as another unfamiliar scent creeps into her nostrils, she see’s nothing, but the buzz of adrenaline dances through her body like an electrical current. Outwardly, she is calm, only the steady thudding of her heart betraying her unease.

Vita calls her a friend, and Creeper can’t shake the unfamiliar feeling of hope that blooms deep within her gut. Though the little voice in her head hisses at her she lies, they always lie. She shakes her head, as if dislodging an insect, and then offers the painted girl an unpracticed, barely there, smile.

The expression vanishes as she hears a sigh, and a rustle a little ways off. She turns a probing gaze in that direction until the man emerges. She recognized the scent as the one that had tickled her nostrils several moments ago. Her ear locks on him as he apologizes and comes to rest near them, and she can’t hide the hardness in her eye as he tells them he was unaware they were there. She is not certain he is distrustful, but the little voice in her head doesn’t sound quite as off base as it hisses at her again. Another liar. Just like the rest.

She is jolted from her observations of the huge male by Vita’s voice, beckoning him to join, her enthusiasm coloring the tone of her words. Creeper envies her in that moment for the carefree way she accepts another’s company. ”As she says, the more the merrier…” she tells him, her voice rasping a bit with disuse. ”What about you? What is your name?” she probes him, politely although perhaps a little cold. She cannot shake the feeling that she is now part of some strange ruise. To humiliate her? To hurt her? She does not know, her paranoia whispers in her ear all the possibilities that could befall her, none of them good.

creeper

if i stare into the abyss, will it stare into me?

Fortunately, neither woman has taken offense to his evesdropping on them. Skel draws in a breath and remains a polite distance from the two, cocking his hip and stabbing a rear toe into the dirt as he relaxes, and in doing so, showing he means them no harm. The Fiield is where some come to find a home, and perhaps, he could tell them about the land of giants known as Taiga. 

The one mare, the winged one, is bubbling with energy and positive intent, more than happy to welcome the massive stallion into their little pow wow. The other one seems inviting enough, but there is something just slightly off about her. Skel can't quite put it to words. Hell, it may even just be in his own head, which is just as likely. The large male tends to be on the suspicious side towards those he meets and doesn't know very well.

"Skeleton Ghoul is my name," he replies, voice a deep, gravelly baritone. "Skel, if it suits you, Vita and ..." His empty white stare settles on the black female. "I did not catch your name. What brings you two to the Fields?"

SKELETON GHOUL

@[Creeper] @[Vita]
    [Image: qZyWUwo.png]
    Vita

The mare who does not share her name, she was a quiet one. Vita, by nature, is friendly and over welcoming of all. So thankfully, the mare she came to originally visit was not scared by him.

She welcomes him, perhaps not as welcoming as Vita....but none the less, she had welcomed him into there conversation. She still does not introduce herself with a real name...but she does ask for the stags name.

Her teal head turns to find the large stag. Again, she was impressed by his size! A true giant he was, although he settles in beside them.

Alas, he introduces himself, Skelton Ghoul. An odd name...although maybe unqiue was a better way to describe it. He says to call him Skel, and she tucks the small note in her mind.

He asks for her "friends" name again, and she hopes to learn it. But her gaze returns once more to Skel when he asks why they were in the field today. I was flying above when I saw our friend here, her eyes glancing to the mare with a smile. I just came to indulge in a conversation, and what about you?

Fear Controls You

@[Creeper]