• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Did You Miss Me? |Leilan|
    Sabrina

Did he think she was gone?

No, Sabrina is a stalker by nature..she moves about quietly remaining unseen...unless she wants to be.

She saw the changes the dragon king made...she thinks she could have done better, but it will be much harder than a new ruler to remove her from her home.. plus, what if Crevan comes back..

She decides not to hide anymore, she travels in her hound form. Her fur is red and black, she does not call for Leilan, for she knows her scent is strong enough to pull him out, because in reality..who wants a hellhound lurking there grounds.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Leilan] heres a crappy starter for youSmile
    Of course, he knows she's still here; the mare, or hound, is the ambitious type and besides, she has no other home. She moves around in the shadows however, as if waiting to strike - but the time never comes. In fact, one day she just moves out of the shadows, runs into the most open spot she can find (not an easy task considering most of the Isle is an ashen, open field), clearly waiting for something. So, he approaches her, cloaked in darkness, sure that his smell reaches her nose.

He supposes that's his cue, but he waits a little longer. In fact, he waits until her body is restless, until she starts to think he is not gonna say hello - nobody can ever rule a dragon. Not even a stubborn thing like Neverwhere.

He drops his shadow cloak finally - a new thing, but a very, very nice one. It's true not many want a hellhound lurking; actually, he does want her to, but not in the way she's doing now. "Sabrina. I believe we have something to discuss. Regarding the... nature of your stalking around." he tells her, his ice blue gaze travelling across her hound form.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Sabrina]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Sabrina

It wasn't long before the scent of the dragon broke through that of the ash. A small smile grows on her maw before falling.

She can smell him and his scent grows stronger...but she cannot see him. Though her senses do not fail her, he appears before her...like magic. what other talents do you have, she thinks to herself.

He cuts right to the chase, something she favored about him. They needed to discuss something, he says. Her interest was peaked now. Her head tilts slightly and she finds a seat where she stood. Oh? What about it? She questions, there was a lot to discuss, so she sits silenetly awaiting his response.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Leilan]
    It’s his home, too - used to be before she arrived and he remade it his when he came back. Sabrina and he have coexisted since, though she kept to the shadows ever since her battle with Jesper. He didn’t mind - long as she didn’t cause trouble - though his preferences would be quite different.

”I’d like it if every resident pulled their own weight,” he cuts straight to the heart of the matter. ”And I suppose your nature could be of greater benefit on our borders than in our shadows. Of course, the occasional raiding party might also befit you.” he tilts his head with a pointy-toothed grin, though he hides them after only showing her once. Sure she’d be useful. ”Of course, anything you happen to find out there would be yours to take.”

His gold-streaked tail move lazily, his ears perked towards the mare-inside-a-hound. He’d opted not to shift, but she seems to prefer her alternative shape. He doesn’t honestly care, however; in fact it might be better to have a large hound like her stalking their grounds. It gives off the right... air, so to say, to an unexpected visitor.
    Leilan

@[Sabrina
    |
    Sabrina

Her gaze settles on Leilan, her yellow eyes watching him speak. He notes residents pulling there own weight and she cocks an eye. She remembers a time that he had not pulled his own weight, yet claimed to belong to the island. Yet she keeps her thoughts just that.

As he continues to speak she ignores his prior comments. Sabrina wasn't born with evil thoughts...in fact she was once an optimistic happy girl until Crevan vanished on her...now she can't help it, and when he mentions....keeping things she finds, she can't help but smile.

I couldn't just vouch loyalty for an equine I had never met...I'm sure you could understand. She lifts herself to stand on all four legs, Although I have quietly watched you in the shadows. I think we could make a good team, you and I. She pauses as the grin grows on her maw.

I will give my loyalty to you, She dips her head for a moment. I do not sit well with a minor position in thid land, let's not forget I am one of the originals...not many remained. She pauses before continuing, Let me know what you need from me, and I will make it happen. She falls silent as her eyes glisten with the idea of them taking back what is rightfully theres.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Leilan]
    She has her own thoughts, he can tell - perhaps having kept to himself up north when he was on his quest to alter his shape hadn’t made the best impression on her - though he also knows that little was being done at the Isle at all at the time. Neither by Jesper, him, or her.

She mentions loyalty, a thing he has found in his life to be relatively fickle when it was only based on titles and no further relationships or at least mutual respect. ”I wouldn’t ask you to - only that we get to know one another a little better, perhaps. You don’t expect me to put my trust in horses or hounds I do not know very well, either, do you?” he grins a little, his predatory teeth showing instead of his flat molars, but it’s the nature of her and the tone of their conversation that warrants it. ”If a fancy title is what you want, we can make some up,” but she knows as well as he that titles can be as empty as anyone wants them to be -”or perhaps you might be interested in engaging in a little tournament, to see who should get away with calling themselves our general?”
    Leilan

@[Sabrina]
    |
    Sabrina

It is true that she knew little of Leilan...it was a lot to dump faith into him....to become a follower...but that is what mother and father did and eventually, they gained the crown.

Although the title would be nice, she had seeked it once afterall. The isle was her home, she refused to leave and so that means she must abide by whatever silly rules get set, she might as well be apart of that.

Very well, perhaps you are wiser than I suspected. She smirks. A joke, for she had been hidden...and they don't know each other. Would you like to have a conversation where we pour our hearts out? She snickers, she didn't need an answer, there wasn't enough time.

The hound slinks closer to Leilan. I do not want a fancy title that you created. I am not scared to battle, therefore I will do what I must to prove to you, not only my strengths, but that I am worthy of my title. She snorts, she was not one to take something, she wanted to earn it! General, she thinks to herself, a title that fits well to her.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Leilan]
    The ice-covered roan outs a short, barking laugh when the mare-hound says he might be wise. Might be, but still. ”I don’t know about that,” he grins, ”But I do like the way you think. Some sort of test would be good, I think, not only for you but the rest as well. I’d say the position of our highest ranking general would at all times be one that could be challenged for... if one dares. The strongest at the top.” he rolls his shoulder casually, ”and the smartest, I suppose. It’d be good to make sure our band of brothers, so to speak, don’t engage with a newly gained ally.”

He breaks his ice-blue gaze away from the woman, sure that she’ll understand that there would be a non-fighter at the top as well - if their diplomat happened to be able to do a little spy-work, then that would certainly help, but it’s no requirement to him. Not when he can’t be picky, yet. ”We’ll need more able bodies,” he muses, then turns around to Sabrina and the blackened Isle. ”But also a way to feed them.” She’ll catch his meaning, he’s certain. His tail moved idly, his own impatience creeping up on him. Since raiding the Pampas, he’d been able to secure a deal with Loess - well, sort of. ”Keep out of Loess, for now. As for the rest... I’m sure you’ll know what to do to... prove yourself worthy of said title. Come find me when you’re done.” he decides. If the others don’t want to compete, then it’s an easy pick. If they do, that makes it all the more interesting. Either way he ends up with a rather good general, or raid leader, or whatever he’ll call it - he has some time to give it a good name, perhaps something to match his own. For now, he’s sure that Sabrina will set something in motion, one way or the other.
    Leilan

@[Sabrina]
    |
    Sabrina

The hound is silent as she listens to Leilan speak. He discusses the general position and how it will always be available for challenge. She grins at the thought of the position, she was never one to back down from a challenge.

Again, she listens, he discusses needing more bodies and her yellow eyed light up with excitement. Her mind races with ideas...though it certainly wasn't recruiting that she was thinking of.

He finishes by giving a warning of sorts, to stay out of Loess. He tells her to come find her after she proves herself worthy. His words could have been nicer....but she will allow it, she will play the role of servant...for now. She nods her head and with it she departs for her next mission.

Not Afraid To Bite

@[Leilan]