• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you had your maps drawn

It doesn’t feel uncomfortable, this trading of questions as they wander. Perhaps it would be pleasant to walk in silence, but Mesec can’t help but prefer this. He’s curious about so much - about Aletta, about this place, about what he might be able to discover if he stays here - and each moment he learns a little something more.

He meets her gaze - when she asks about where had come from. It’s a more complicated answer than he wishes it was, but it never seemed to be in the cards for Mesec to stay in one place for very long. There’s a mingling of sadness and longing in his voice as he replies in his soft voice. “First from a place called Helovia. After that, another called the Rift but I was not there very long. And after that - my family settled somewhere quiet. I never did learn whether it had a name, but it was home.” Mesec watches her for any signs that either of the lands he has mentioned spark any sense of familiarity in her - he doesn’t want to launch into any sort of explanation about either of them if she already knew.

He finds himself grinning with her when her eyes dance with her yes and no answer to his own question. It is comforting to know he is not the only one who has bounced around from home to home. “The Reckoning.” He repeats the phrase, feeling the weight of it even without having been here at the time. “I’ll count myself lucky I had not been here for that.”

Maybe Beqanna wasn’t quite the reprieve or haven he was looking for, though it would be naive to think he could live anywhere and never experience a disaster of some sort. They always seem to happen, especially where magic is present.

He continues a few more steps before asking “Have you found it yet? What you’re looking for?”

Mesec
    Image Credits

@[aletta]

Messages In This Thread
    you had your maps drawn - by aletta - 05-28-2020, 11:03 AM
    RE: you had your maps drawn - by Mesec - 06-06-2020, 11:12 AM
    RE: you had your maps drawn - by aletta - 06-10-2020, 06:23 PM
    RE: you had your maps drawn - by Mesec - 06-22-2020, 07:47 PM
    RE: you had your maps drawn - by aletta - 06-26-2020, 11:17 AM
    RE: you had your maps drawn - by Mesec - 07-20-2020, 03:58 PM
    RE: you had your maps drawn - by aletta - 07-24-2020, 12:08 PM
    RE: you had your maps drawn - by Mesec - 07-28-2020, 07:06 PM