• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  [Quest thread] rattle my bones and rage
    The Isle has been his home for so long now - especially his own ice-built caves in the north, the ones he'd made during his year living in the coldest place he could find. The ones that had kept Beryl from freezing to her death.
    It's not one of his own caves that the giant paint strides straight towards to, he sees. Nevertheless, it is pretty rude, to just waltz in and never really leave. He'd expected the man to call out or even search the Isle a bit, but it seems he wasn't the social kind.

Even Leilan had said hello to Jesper at the time - though obviously, that was also him catching up with a friend. He might have done exactly what this stallion did, himself, and see if anyone was willing to make the trip so far north to investigate.

What the man doesn't seem to know is how far the vision of a dragon in-flight goes, how easily the dragon male sees his temperature stick out next to the snow and ice. How little the ice dragon cares for those who want to defy him, but how much he cares for potential recruits going to waste. Between Sabrina, Jesper, Chemdog, Hexen, Ivo, and Intoxication, few to no other horses seem willing to actually stick around - unless they were forced to. This one was different, he could tell from the days spent in solitude - more like how Leilan himself was a few years ago.

In short, he was worth investigating.

He knows the dragon-shape is much more intimidating, even if it was only for the sheer size. He lands outside aforementioned cave, waiting - his eye colour emerald green, a sparkling contrast with the gold, bronze, silver, and ice. Amused by the male's antics, he can only imagine why he wants anything in this forsaken piece of land, let alone the most forsaken cave he can find. The dust alone should keep someone away - unless they were tasked with something specific, of course.

He waits patiently (for his doing), only sending snow flying with his tail a few times - marvellous, reptilian tails are; so much stronger and sturdier. It whipped up snow and ice from the ground where he sat so easily; in fact his horse tail was of course prettier, but much more useful against flies - but this far north, flies died of the cold long before reaching horseflesh.
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Gilgamesh] since it didn't seem like a finished thread I guessed he could say hello, ^^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Quest thread] rattle my bones and rage - by Leilan - 06-02-2020, 02:44 AM