• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not your baby // Yadigar, Any
    Truthfully, Ciri had never given too much thought to the head that hangs above their heads as they sleep. It had always just seemed like a normal part of life to her, and had been there since the day Father and Gar had brought Frenzy home. Maybe she had just assumed it was the spoils from one of their hunts, as Gar is the only one with the same gnashing teeth as Father - he was the prodigal son, for all Ciri knew. She is beginning to learn, however, that her innocence breeds ignorance, and when Gar bares his fangs to the fillies, she shies away from him in fear.

Tarte’s head finds its way to Ciri’s shoulder and she counteracts the anger flowing off of the magenta filly with a wave of peace, hoping to soothe her brother and her angry new friend. What Tarte suggests next stuns the blue-and-gold girl, and she turns to look at Tarte with fear and wonder in her eyes. Run away? The thought excites the filly - she has never assumed for a life outside of the East, after all - and her golden tail twitches as she glances between the two, wondering if Gar will approve of the idea.

We’ll go north, he says decisively, and Cirilla trembles with nerves. “You’ll have to go first, Yadigar,” she whispers, knowing that Father’s rage will be great when he realizes his eldest son has disappeared. “It’ll be safest for you. I will guard myself from him, and Tarte and I will join you as soon as it is safe to leave once more. Perhaps Mother with hatch him another daughter, and he will be so enamored with her that he will not notice me leave as well.” She swallows hard at the thought, not wanting to subject any more of her siblings to their Father’s abuse - but she knows that a girl will be treated much better than a son. Gar has made that obvious.

“What about Phyx?” she adds, worry bright in her eyes as she thinks of their triplet. Frenzy, too, but Ciri has a feeling that their littler sister leaves a bad taste in Gar’s mouth, and so she doesn’t mention the galaxy-marked girl.

cirilla
    my sky's not blue, it's violent rain.

@[Tarte]@[yadigar]
    "

I've seen devils, i've seen saints
    I've seen the line between them fade

As quickly as the suggestion had been made, the plan comes together. I nod at Gar's suggestion, hum at Cirilla's. I'd like for us to all go together, all at once. Moving in bits and pieces seems foolhardy, but the blue girl seems confident that it's the thing to do, and I don't know enough about their family to say otherwise. 

Gar seems to have settled with the decision to leave, and I feel better now that he has. His anger and fear feeds my own, and I think it might be dangerous if left unchecked. For who, I'm less sure. 

Eyes dimming back to their natural lightless blue, I step away from Cirilla's side a pace. Tail twitching restlessly, I look to the north. What is out there? Something better, I hope. For all of us. "I'm going to go with Gar, to ma-make sure we've got a place to go, and that he's safe. I'll come back for you in a week, alright?" These two are the only ones who knew me here. If I wasn't recognized, maybe it'd be less suspicious once I returned. 

"One week." I said again, this time pressing my nose to her shoulder. We'd only just met, but already I felt a thread of kinship between the gold touched girl and myself. Naively I decided that between the three of us, we could undo the damage family had done to us, and start over with something better. 

Smiling weakly, I turned back to the dragon child on my other side. "Anything you need to do before we go... wherever we're going?" 'North', after all, was only a general direction. My headlong run through the night was catching up with me, my skinny muscles tight with overuse. It was looking like they'd need to carry me a bit further though before we could think about rest.

TARTE

@[yadigar] @[cirilla]