• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Not your baby // Yadigar, Any
    The three children are a vibrant sight on the Cove’s beaches, but the conversation is about to take a sinister turn.

Tarte explains that her mother was going to ship her away and Ciri audibly gasps, horrified at the thought. Mother would surely put a quick stop to that if Father ever suggested such a thing, especially at such a young age. Ciri can’t imagine what it would be like for her parents to so carelessly toss her away, and she blinks quickly to hide the sympathetic tears that well up in her golden eyes.

Gar ponders if she’ll be able to stay with them in the Cove, and Cirilla giggles at him, nudging him playfully on the shoulder. “Of course she can stay!” she exclaims, her innocence betraying her. “Daddy is the king, he won’t tell her that she has to leave!” She is confident in her words and she grins at Tarte, happy to finally have made a friend outside of her siblings. Father won’t make her leave, of that she’s sure. All Ciri would have to do is give him her famous lopsided grin, and he would be putty.

But the conversation is already sweeping along, and Ciri’s ears flick in confusion. “Are you… reading my mind?” she asks, but Yadigar is snorting and backing away from the two of them, a wave of distress and anger rolling off of him that Ciri cannot keep up with enough to try to quell. I know he does, he says with ears pinned back, continuing on as if the words are not daggers.

When he lifts a wing to display their father’s teeth marks she begins to cry, the tears hot on her cheeks. “Gar, I didn’t know, I swear,” she whimpers, afraid to upset him further. “Mother will put a stop to this, I know she will. We just have to go get her, she won’t let him hurt you anymore, I swear she won’t let it happen again.” How she regrets her private thoughts now, and how effortlessly Tarte had stolen them from her mind. Certainly she had meant no harm, but it feels as though Father’s talons are ripping their way into her chest.

cirilla
    my sky's not blue, it's violent rain.

@[Tarte]@[yadigar]

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-03-2020, 12:35 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-03-2020, 09:56 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-04-2020, 01:24 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by yadigar - 06-12-2020, 01:15 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-12-2020, 10:03 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by Tarte - 06-12-2020, 10:33 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by yadigar - 06-16-2020, 01:26 PM
    RE: Not your baby // Yadigar, Any - by cirilla - 06-25-2020, 09:38 PM