• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  that day even the sun was afraid of you; any

that day even the sun was afraid of you and the weight you carried

Her sharp retort rolls easily off of him. his own internal thoughts about himself were so sharp that it’s difficult to imagine that anyone else could pierce his armor these days. He just grins back at her, his sharp-toothed smile brilliant against the black of his lips—and, for a moment, he forgets that it is a mask that he’s wearing. It’s easy to let himself think that he is nothing but this arrogant, carefree boy wandering the common lands. He has no secret. No shame. No burning secret in the back of his throat.

“I’ve been told I’m exceptionally inspirational,” he quips, although secretly he knows that’s not the case. He’s never been a particularly inspiring soul—he was, at most, just another boy—and he is certainly not now with all of the weight that he carries along with him. But she doesn’t know that, can only guess, and he is in no mood to try and reveal that to her. So he just laughs again at her sharp eyes.

At the insult, he rolls his shoulders. There were worse things that he could be called than weird—if only she knew!—and he didn’t mind that being the label that he wore. Instead, he just moves forward and falls into step beside her. It’s odd to walk so closely to something disguised as prey, but for all of his sharp teeth, he’s never truly had a carnivorous appetite. Nothing about her form inspires hunger in him.

“Hyaline,” he answers easily, content to answer questions that don’t come close to his actual secret. “My parents both live there.” He knew enough now to know that his parents has an, unconventional, relationship but it was the only thing he truly knew so he didn’t question it. “I don’t know if I’ll stay though.” Another shrug. He’s never really thought about where else he would go if not there.

“What about you?”

so you saluted every ghost you've ever prayed to and then buried it where bones are buried

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that day even the sun was afraid of you; any - by firion - 06-12-2020, 06:44 PM