• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie

I have glass in my throat when I sing about what an almost love it could've been

She listens, trying her best to understand. “I like the idea of you feeling confident,” she says softly, as though encouraging him. She hates the thought that he does not feel that around her, as though she is the cause of him feeling less than himself—as though she is the reason that he comes apart. It makes her feel something dark and pained and she swallows it down as she continues to study his handsome face.

“Although I like this version of you too,” she quickly tries to amend.

Flustered, her wings shuffle at her sides slightly.

“I just don’t want you to feel not in control.”

She always feels out of control, she thinks. What would it be like to feel as though you could command the world around you? What it would feel like to be in charge of your own destiny.

“I don’t have any kind of magic like that,” her words tumble over themselves as she tries to think of what kind of magic she would need to make him feel this way—to make him feel out of control. Anxious and worried that he thought her hurting him in some way, she quickly shifts into a dove, fluttering around. She swoops and dives for a moment before she lands back in front of him, her dual-colored eyes wide.

“That’s really the only thing I can do.”

She pauses, chewing her lip.

“I mean, there’s something else, but I don’t really know how to control it yet.”

She feels warmth bloom in her cheeks.

“But I promise it wouldn’t affect how you feel, Charlie.”

Caledonia

@[eucharist]
    [Image: cale.png]
    and the words she aches to hear pour through my canyon
    and they're singing in the caverns of my limbs

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like an echo in the chambers of my chest; charlie - by caledonia - 07-19-2020, 05:09 PM