• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we need the dark to know the light; hourglass
    Aureus

oh, these wings, they flicker and my feathers stir
    'til I'm an ancient soul in a cascade world

Perhaps in time he would become better at hiding his true feelings. Perhaps he would learn the way of the world, hiding them away so that they do not show on the lines of his face. Not yet, though. He has no way of truly showing anything other than the truth of what he feels. It becomes apparent on his young face, in the hesitant way that he picks his way through the syllables and words. He knows that she has picked up on it when she looks at him and when she moves ahead, and he sighs, disappointed in himself.

Still, he does his best to hide that too—lest she feel bad for picking up on it.

Smiling shyly, he just nods, trailing after her as he is certain to do his whole life. He watches the way that the sun gleams off of her, the way she practically illuminates with it and tries to not think of the way that his chest tightens at the sight of it. The impossible beauty of her surrounded by the world.

“I have a twin sister too,” he manages, his tongue thick and clumsy in his mouth. “Asena.” She was everything that he was not, he thinks, and he couldn’t help but think of how much more of a good time Hourglass she would have had his sister been here. “She’s fun.” She was more than that, he knew. She was bright and bubbly and fearless. She was the kind of person who would have thrown herself into the adventurous game of pretend that Hourglass had proposed without overthinking it like he had.

He brightens slightly at the idea of her being glass too.

“Is your whole family glass?” He’s a little breathless at the thought of it.

“I’ve never seen anyone like you before.”

and I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone
    I got a head like a turret with a mouth for a gun