• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  put my heart where i couldn't reach

VILLANELLE

Carry a burden for too long and eventually one's back will begin to ache.

That is what Villanelle feels now, peering into the seemingly depthless eyes of Morrowind: ache. Her spine curves beneath the weight of his gaze, her shoulders crumple, her brain attempts to fold in on itself.

Of course, the black and blue fighter that the stranger can see does not know this. Nell will sooner die than reveal what hurts her. What she hides is the unexplainable wounds, the ones that sneak up on her when she is sunbathing on a Loessian rock. She grows irritated that the sight of a wicked stranger can stir such emotion.

Almost annoyed enough to blame him. Almost.

"It wouldn't," Nell states simply, dropping her chin in a way that feigns thoughtfulness. "I was just making an observation. Why would I care for a stranger's woes?" She is defensive but she tries her best to hide it with a nonchalant tone.

"Perhaps I want to know why you're irritated. Will you tell me?" She isn't making much sense, now, but the words tumble out of her mouth regardless.

@[morrowind]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: put my heart where i couldn't reach - by villanelle - 06-13-2020, 07:59 PM