• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost at sea

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

It would have been a folly on Oceane's part had she left for Icicle Isle without the inkling in the back of her mind that Alcinder may remain there after her departure. And yet, that does not make the reality of it any easier. She looks frequently to her side for the blue-and-white colt only to turn her amber eyes forward again ─ but with markedly more moisture.

He is safe in Leilan's care, she knows ─

That, too, offers no reprieve. But he is a growing boy, soon to be a man, and there is no need to him to remain stuck to her side as much as she yearns for his childhood day after day. Altum, however, helps to fill that ache in her heart; he does not replace his older brother, but his own innocence ─ that fleeting moment she had not been able to spend with Alcinder, those stolen months ─ offers enough of a distraction to keep her sane.

She exhales slowly and with exasperation when she finally alights upon the familiar loam of the foothills. She sighs into the warm embrace of Loess as her lavender hooves carry her between sagebrush and aloe until finally her bright eyes fall on Lepis' frame in the distance. Oceane works to diminish the space between them, her eyes softening for her friend as she nears.

In the distance, she can hear Soran playing with Altum ─ the young boy's laughter resounds through the thin air, and her heart suddenly feels full. "Lepis," she says warmly, the greeting webbed with fatigue from her long flight, "I've return from the Isle. Alcinder remained with Leilan," The winged woman fills Lepis in on their conversation, though does her best to brush over the way Leilan had worded his request.

She ends with saying that it may still be best for Noah to visit the Isle, despite the tentative agreement she had made to the ice-dragon, and then lets a slow sigh fall from her maw. She brushes a warm muzzle against Lepis' shoulder before shaking her head to rid the forelock from her eyes.

"I hate to be all business when I know we both have other things to worry about..." her voice fades for a moment as she chews at the inside of her mouth, "But I do think it may be a beneficial offer to consider. Beqanna knows we might need more defense now that our Dragon has left us."

"@[Lepis]! ♥"

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 06-12-2020, 07:21 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-25-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-02-2020, 06:40 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-10-2020, 10:32 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-12-2020, 05:05 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-18-2020, 02:45 PM