• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost at sea

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

When Lepis gives her a gentle smile and whispered words in a soft voice, Oceane is still lost in the painful way her acceptance of Lepis' request exists hand-in-hand with the forced acceptance of her friend's inevitable demise. And she knows ─ is painfully aware, even ─ that to ask such a thing of another woman is not an easy task. She can feel the ache in her own heart as her amber eyes move from her closest confidante and to the woman's newest child.

"I will make sure he knows all of the stories of his mother and her strength," she whispers to the dun-and-gold woman, her voice cracking at the weight of the promise. The opaline woman tries to clear her throat of the emotion that catches, hot and tight, at the back of her throat. She is thankful when the conversation shifts back to politics. There are too many things for them to discuss to remain on one topic for far too long, and in a way she needs the reprieve of that shift.

"He was... well, you know Leilan. He recognizes that it would not be an easy or quick task. And he did mention that he and his horde had visited the Pampas after Castile's razing and that no mention had been made of Noah's abilities." She grins slightly and tosses her lavender forelock dismissively from her eyes, "I don't believe he would turn away the help, though, and if anything it would be perceived favorably by the whole of Beqanna for Noah to even just make her presence known there." She falls silent then and shifts her gaze away from the Loessian Queen and back to the boy ─ Kestrell ─ who sleeps so peacefully.

Her thoughts venture to Altum, who she can still hear playing with Soran in the distance. He will be a good companion for Kestrell, and knowing that Lepis' child can utilize her own son as a brother eases the new pain of Alcinder's absence.

If only just the slightest.

"@[Lepis]! ♥"

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 06-12-2020, 07:21 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 06-25-2020, 07:56 PM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-02-2020, 06:40 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Oceane - 07-10-2020, 10:32 AM
    RE: lost at sea - by Lepis - 07-12-2020, 05:05 PM