• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  What boundaries would you push?
    The mountain before her stood intimidatingly tall and powerful. It is all of the recent events that draw her here now. The lose of her love Aten, of her son Kalil, of the certainty she had always felt. The threats of the south, the attempts at Taigas leadership, the attempt on her life, of her people. 

She finds herself hesitating and she knows why. Under any other circumstances she would not be here. She was never one to seek out power. Every trait she had gained since arriving in Taiga had been blessed upon her by fate. An unknown encounter with magic. Even the soft purple glow that emanates from her now was by chance... or was it?

She pulls her peace close to her heart and her mind before beginning her ascent. The way isn't easy, it isn't ment to be, but she makes it to the top. Slowly moving across the flat surface. Maybe the hundreds of horses who had been here before her had made it so? Maybe it was the power of the mountain? 

Her deep purple eyes glance around for a moment, she imagined Aten coming here asking the fairies for his dragon mimicry before his disappearance. With a slow steady breath she reaches out across the platue."Hello." her voice comes soft, timid, but certain in her decision. "I am looking for a gift to help my land, my people, my children. I know not all gifts are such... helpful.. but I have faith that with the right heart behind it I can utilize it for such." 

In. Out. In. Out.

She breathes steadily as she waits.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

Izora Lethia is looking for dragon mimicry, with water elements.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    ”There is always the question though,” says a voice before the small purple and white fairy appears. Such a pretty thing, such a small thing, so very deceiving in her looks. ”Of whether or not the power you are given will corrupt the heart. Or perhaps it does not matter your intentions, for no good deed goes unpunished.” And isn’t that the truth, right there?

”Seek the answer to that question; either or both of them. Talk to three others with power that they claim has been used only to help, and find out what repercussions they faced, or how it warped their own heart.” And then, as suddenly as she had come, she is gone.

You have rolled a 2 and received a quest. Have three thread where you talk to others who used their power to protect and find out either a) if/how it has changed them or b) what repercussions they faced from the use of their power to protect. Come back with what you have learned.
    Some time has passed since she made her first trek up the mountain but she hadn't once forgotten the task she was given. It had been a process, just as this returning trek was a process. She was still sore from the birth of her twins (one dead), but as soon as she could she had asked Lilli to watch her daughter so she could finish what she started.

Once she reached the top she pushed what peace she could into her weary muscles and called to the fairies. I have done what you asked. I have talked to many of their gifts, of the ways they have tried to protect, ways that it has changed them. I've talked to a friend, a foe, and even a child. I knew before going into this that every action has a reaction, and some of those reactions are consequences. I know that it will be a battle of acceptance of who I will soon become and who I've always been, but I believe that I will be able to use this new gift for what I intend. her amethyst eyes wade across the snow covered peaks.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

#1 https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=27266
    https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php...#pid107315
    https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=27322

@[Wysteria Fairy]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    Wysteria does not appear, but her magic does. Tendrils of glittering purple magic wrap around the mare after she has spoken of all she has learned. The magic seeps into her bones, leaving her skin wet in places where it touched. The power she seeks is hers.

Congratulations, you have received Dragon Mimicry. Post in updates with the characteristics you choose.
    Please tag in replies