• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  home in the morning mist; any

The quiet shuffle of feathers accompanies the whisper of wind through the trees and occasional trill of an autumn bird as pale wings settle against equally pale ribs. Sighing, she rolls her eyes heavenward, fixing on the sky peeking through the branches. She's so bored. Which is dumb, but here we are. 

Not that anything in her life had been particularly exciting so far. A few futile searches for her dad (fueled by vague, fuzzy memories) interspersed with trying to pretend not to notice how often mom disappeared. Eventually she'd given up trying. And then it had been all too easy to start drifting.

To start feeling pretty damn alone.

If it hadn't annoyed her so much, she might have let that make her sad. Of course, the irony of that is lost on her. But instead she's standing here, staring at the sky, wondering why she's so bored and irritable.

Huffing out a breath, she drops her gaze. Idly kicking a stone, she mumbles an incoherent epithet under her breath. Something she remembered from ages ago.

Maybe she just needed to fly for a bit. Several moments later however, she finds herself still standing in the same place.

- noel

I have to say, discovering beqanna had been one of the most exciting things that had happened to me in quite some time. A new land and a new path was more than welcomed. With steady steps, my long striped legs carried me through the trees of the forest and my golden eyes took in all that surrounded me.

I was eager to find someone, anyone. The inward cry for socialization had been all but silent these past few weeks. With a pounding heart and an itch under my skin that couldn't necessarily be satisfied, I came upon the pale filly. "Shit," I whispered softly, suddenly unsure of what to do.

I never had been that great at socializing. Why I was searching for it was a mystery even to myself. Though despite the hesitancy, I watched as she huffed and kicked at the stone and for a moment my eyebrows crease together. Glancing up at the girl I take a step closer. My long mane twists against my neck as the wind increases momentarily. "What did that rock do to you?" Silence soon follows and I come to a stop besides the smaller filly.

S W I N G

burning cities and napalm skies,
    fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes

image credit

@[Noel] This isn't great for my first post with this char but I wanted to reply. hoping to get a handle on her and have her fleshed out soon. ♥
    [Image: Sw-ing-Icon2.gif]

The approach of someone else draws her attention immediately. While she hadn’t been expecting company, it would be a lie to say that she had expected to remain alone. Especially around here. And maybe that’s why she’d chosen this spot.

Who knows. She certainly isn’t keen on doing any deep emotional dives into why she (or anyone) does the things they’re doing anyway.

Her greeting does leave Noel vaguely confused however. Frowning, she looks down at the rock she had idly kicked out of boredom. As though the answer to the question might somehow magically be written on the surface. Her own brows knit in a unconsciously similar fashion to her new companion’s, as though she might actually work out that puzzle.

“Uh, it’s a rock?” she finally replies a bit quizzically before shrugging abruptly and lifting her gaze to the spotted girl. With a slight gruffness, she continues, “Wrong place, wrong time I guess.”

She’s still not entirely certain why she was so concerned about a stone. Not that Noel is any scholar, but she’s pretty sure she would’ve heard by now if rocks were actually sentient. But after a somewhat lengthy moment of peering uncertainly at the stranger, she decides it doesn’t especially matter anyway.

Just as quickly and easily as that, the lines on her face ease as her disgruntled confusion slips away. “Noel,” she offers then, her own somewhat inept way of giving an olive branch.

- noel

I love her :hearteyes:

@[Swing]