• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Can't fight the temptation, Anyone

Yanhua

Every horse who knew Beqanna also knew that the River was mostly traveled south toward the sea, where it spilled brown-green water into the channel. Majority of nomadic horses never got the opportunity to discover it’s northern sections, since the winding ribbon of water cut directly through the heart of Hyaline and was fed by the churning gray oceans of Nerine. Yanhua, having the privileges of a kingdom horse (now a warrior!) and the opportunities of a young stallion with four healthy limbs, decided that he would begin his extensive first patrol at the River’s head.

He started his day early, rising with the sun which hardly seemed to penetrate Taiga’s foggier areas, and spent a large portion of his morning filling up on what dwindling forage he could find along the way. So far nothing seemed different to him except the way he felt: Taiga hadn’t changed overnight, but he certainly had. Confidence changed his walk, his expression, and kept him focused on the task at hand; he was a guardian of the redwoods now, not a frolicing little colt.

“Ho’ there!” He practiced his greeting aloud as he walked, twisting his fuzzy lips and trying again in a deeper voice. “Hullo, stranger. Who goes there?”

Wow, He thought with a frown, unimpressed by the way his voice still cracked occasionally, you couldn’t even spook a squirrel. And, as if to prove his point, beady little eyes and bushy, busy tails flicked out from their hiding spots as he trotted on by. His audience seemed curious about the noise and the contradicting spirit of the horse who was making the ruckus. Even in his best ‘adult’ tone, Yanhua’s innocence felt as obvious as his glowing hair or the horns stretching up out of his forehead. He wrinkled his face and in a single move leapt off the pathway, grunting softly as he landed.

Maybe Lethy had a point, the leggy chestnut considered, fighting his way through the tangle of smaller trees and picking his feet up whenever he came across something in his path, maybe I’m doing this for all the wrong reasons. He ducked his head under a low-hanging branch.
    Now that he’d gotten past the worst of Taiga's less-traveled forest he could see the trees were thinning out. They were more varied as well, though a few smaller redwoods still mingled among the majority. He couldn’t see, but he could certainly hear the River, and the roaring sound of water drew Yanhua to the outer banks in no time at all.

“Holy shit!” He laughed from his chest, where his birthmark lay like a shining coin in the overhead light of the midday sun. In full sight the River was a mighty, roaring beast: alive with constant motion, clear as crystal, and swift. He doubted he could ford his way across without magical assistance, but he didn’t mind being confined to this side of the borderline. Hyaline’s northernmost mountains were a picturesque thing to see from where he stood. From his vantage point they rose like purple behemoths into the cotton candy sky, piercing the veil of the heavens with their snow-capped crowns. A walk well worth the effort. He commended himself on the journey, sighing and sinking back onto his haunches.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

OOC: So, technically he's in the location between Taiga and Hyaline - like, on the river that separates both territories - but I posted this here so anyone/literally everyone could reply. We can just pretend <3
    I'm meaner than my demons
    I'm bigger than these bones

It wasn't unusual for Astra to wander around outside of Pangea. She loved the sand and the warmth, and soaring through the sandstone mountains was a feeling she never wanted to forget; but, try as she may, she could not resist the temptation to explore. 

Exploration was a bit more risky for her, though. Often times she was forgetful, and rarely ever traveled in the right direction, losing her way very easily. Even now, her mind was too busy focusing on the butterfly she was chasing to remember where she was going. Sparkling blue and gold eyes were fixed on the small insect's fluttering white wings, and she tried her best to follow its movements with her own wings as she trotted behind happily, occasionally lifting herself off the ground with a small hop. Every so often, her eyes would cross as she tried her best to follow its fast pace, her tongue sticking out of her mouth slightly and a serene smile resting on her pale features, wrinkling her soft pink nose.

Astra paid no mind the the roaring river, her ears only flicking every so often in recognition to its volume, but otherwise completely lost in her own thoughts, or lack thereof. Her focus shifted though when the chestnut hue of a stranger came into view, her focus now shared between him and the butterfly, head whipping back and forth frantically. As she fought to keep her attention on one or the other, she neglected to watch where she was placing her small hooves, and stumbled over a small rock, falling to the ground in a mess of short limbs and dark feathers. Small teeth bit down on her soft tongue as her face hit the ground, which earned a sharp cry from the small mare. Embarrassed by her own clumsiness, she decided maybe it was best to lay still and pray the other hadn't noticed her.

TAMASHI

@[Yanhua]

OOC: Sorry it's not very long! :c

Yanhua

What were the chances that on his first outing something unexpected would happen? Too busy staring at the river and what lay beyond, Yanhua heard a small cry burst through the silence and turned to look for its source. At first he saw nothing but bent over rivergrass, and when he pointed his ears he didn’t hear anything else from the overgrown foliage. He waited anyways, standing tall and collected on his white-marked legs, breathing quietly. An animal? He thought. Could be. Yan had heard of wildcats that screamed. But a second later he relaxed, focusing his expression and letting the calm surround him.

An echo rippled toward him, freshly made. The image of a dainty pegasus foal tumbling in surprise then hiding in embarrassment replayed itself like a static memory in real-time. He blinked it away.

“Are you alright? No blood or anything?” The flaxen-haired stallion asked loudly in a high, youthful voice. He tried his best to suppress a laugh, but his horns shook and his tuft of chin hair trembled. Yanhua didn’t want whoever was listening to think he was being rude, but it was kind of hard not laughing after seeing the literal blooper reel. He choked the sound out by swallowing, then bit his lips and spoke again. “It’s okay, you can come out little one.” He said warmly, fully convinced he was speaking to a wandering infant. “We all fall down sometimes.”

Then, like the mature adult that he was now, Yanhua flipped his golden tail and stepped aside to go after her.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

@[Astra Daggenhardt] he's fully convinced they'll be besties <3
    I'm meaner than my demons
    I'm bigger than these bones

Her small cheeks felt warm with embarrassment as he called out to her, realizing she had been spotted. The embarrassment quickly grew as he referred to her size, and she quickly scrambled back onto her feet, lifting herself with her small black wings so that she could place herself back onto the ground firmly, chest puffed, brows furrowed, and hair an absolute mess from the fall. 

"I'm not little!" She raised her voice as she spoke, though there was a slight crack to it that suggested she was indeed much smaller than she thought. Blue eyes glared at him while she stood proudly, but as the butterfly returned and flew over her head, her focus was once again easily stolen from her, and she watched it with her mouth agape, circling one spot in the grass as her head stuck up in the air to follow the butterfly. As soon as she'd turned a full circle, her gaze settled on the chestnut colt again, and she tried her best to resume her puffed up pose.

"I'm fine! Who are you anyways?" Try as she may, she couldn't keep her voice serious, and the question sounded more genuinely curious than intimidating. Truthfully, she had tasted a bit of blood from her tongue after the fall, but was doing her best to hide the trembling of her bottom lip as she tried not to focus on the soreness of it.

Small legs moved as she took a few steps back, eyeing him carefully as he approached her. She had no clue who he was, or where she was, and now she'd lost track of the butterfly once again. A mix of fear, curiosity, and irritation stirred in her chest, but her wings and small chest remained puffed up, attempting to look as tall as possible.

TAMASHI

@[Yanhua]